Abstract Swap (Open Media) Due Aug. 20th

trini70

Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: August 20th
Signup/Withdraw: August 5th
Number of Cards: 3-3
Number of Participants: 30

I've been seeing quite a few great abstract cards in the gallery lately and it's inspired me to host this swap. I love abstract ATCs and hopefully I'm not alone and there'll be enough interest to give this swap a good variety of art.

Swap Info:
This swap is for abstract cards. Think of Pollock, Rothko, Mondrian etc. You can use any media you choose. Collage, hd/hp, stitched, digital, they're all good!

Swap Rules:
~ All cards are to be 2.5X3.5
~ No bulky embellishments.
~ Make sure your card is sturdy, not flimsy or floppy.
~ On the back include your real name, user name, location and any other info you choose.

Mailing Info:
~ Put your cards in a protective sleeve or something similar for protection.
~ PM me for my address when you're ready to mail.
~ US: Include a stamped, self addressed envelope w/ your user name on the back.
~ International: Include a US intntl stamp (if you have one) or a US dollar and an address label. I'll
supply your envelope.
~ Be sure to allow enough time when mailing for your cards to arrive to me on time.

Other Info:
~ Subscribe to the thread so you can keep track of this swap.
~ I will leave I-traders when your cards arrive.
~ Don't forget to leave me (host) an I-trader when you get your cards back.
~ Post to the thread and/or leave rep points when you receive your returns so that folks can know who
got their cards.
~ A host card is neither expected nor required, but is appreciated.

Happy creating and I can't wait to see what everyone makes!

Players:
1) Lois RCVD ARVD
2) TurquoisePineapple RCVD
3) NancyL RCVD ARVD
4) catladybj WTHDRW
5) Hrmorgan RCVD
6) RobertStamp RCVD ARVD
7) Smarvelous RCVD
8) TrudiJ RCVD ARVD
9) Blueangel RCVD ARVD
10) redplantlady RCVD
11) Siempie_h RCVD ARVD
12) cmcarli RCVD ARVD
13) Cbzcando RCVD ARVD
14) Donnacr RCVD ARVD
15) Bunnymther RCVD ARVD
16) RaineyDay RCVD ARVD
17) katiea707 WTHDRW
18) JeffWoodArt RCVD ARVD
19) jo.on.the.go RCVD ARVD
20) Mushu RCVD ARVD
21) Draketeeth RCVD ARVD
22) AngelJoy RCVD ARVD
23) Lorna RCVD ARVD
24) colormetheworld RCVD
25) new_bee_artist RCVD ARVD
26) suzyq RCVD
27) AmySi RCVD ARVD
28) Monroy28 RCVD ARVD
29) joamosatcharterdotnet RCVD ARVD
30) miss RCVD ARVD

Last edited:
I LOVE abstracts!

It says "open media" so I'm assuming my computer-aided creations will be welcome.
Please let me know.
(I've attached some of my old creations. I'll make new ones for this swap.)

The first two below were made by me using layered colors, the third is a digital collage of dots, and the fourth is a sketch I did with my finger on my iPad (using the app "SketchClub").

LCR-4012-DiffLayers012.jpg LCR-0083-RainbowEye3.jpg LCR-0098a-Circling-Back-th.jpg SketchyFruit (2016-12-10).jpg

Attachments

• LCR-0090-Don'tBeBlue.jpg
    LCR-0090-Don'tBeBlue.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
I LOVE abstracts!

It says "open media" so I'm assuming my computer-aided creations will be welcome.
Please let me know.

Those are perfect Lois. Welcome to the swap! I included digital in the types of media because I have some and I think it's a great method for creating abstracts, although I haven't the slightest idea how. I especially like your dots card. Can't wait to see what you create.

Last edited:
Welcome catladybj!

Hrmorgan, of course it's okay to join. You have to start somewhere. Be sure to subscribe to the thread through the thread tools at the top of this page. That way you can keep track of the swap. You can see your subscribed threads by clicking on the quick links and going to the user cp.

Lurking.....I’m very new to abstract art, but enjoyed it when I joined an abstract ATC Swap here just a few months ago. Those cards are still in my gallery, plus a few more. Is there a term for abstracts that are recognizable images (with artistic distortion)? Semi-abstract? Is this kind of art acceptable for this swap?

CiCi, although I didn't specify it I had in mind abstract in the most abstract form. Maybe I need to edit the specifics. The cards Lois posted are a great example of what I was thinking of when I created the swap. Her cards are digital but any media is good. I don't know many different abstract artists but I'm thinking along the lines of Pollock, Rothko or even Mondrian rather than Picasso etc. I do hope you decide to join us.

Back
Top Bottom