Postage stamp ATCs - MARINE Due: September 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: September 20
postage for non-Australians: August 20
I live in Australia - mail will NOT teach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights, I would still suggest you allow at least a month, if not 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with something MARINE on it (fish, other sea life, plants)

MAILED October 1
plumhill2001 & seascape131 mailed October 10

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM CastleQueen5 or AngelJoy - they are in the US and have lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
Oct - Land animals (not cats, dogs or butterflies) Nov - Flowers/trees Dec - Christmas Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins) Feb - Music (musicians, dancers, singers, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/emotions June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc) July - Household items/ food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by September 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to #3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US#2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - returned
1. Haagmm - returned
2. CastleQueen5 - withdrew
3. vickiZ - returned
4. fandanie - returned
5. Betsyg - returned
6. jo.on.the.go - returned
7. AngelJoy - returned
8. Suzi - returned
9. Cleopatra - returned
10. Seascape131 - returned
11. plumhill2001 - returned
12. AmySi - received

13. Laffqueen - returned
14. Bishopsmate - received

Last edited:
plumhill2001 - so glad that AngelJoy is sending you some stamps, enjoy the eye candy till then

welcome to all the returning players - Betsyg, jo.on.the.go and AngelJoy (mailing dates have been noted). Gorgeous cards being shown again.

Don't forget to ask for your favourites to go in your returns - this makes my job a lot easier when swapping out.

Please sign me up. I just checked my stamp stash and have enough to participate in the marine theme. Thanks!

welcome back Suzi, welcome to your first Postage stamp swap Cleopatra (beware, they are addictive - check out the list of future swaps in the first post ;))

Lunamoth - you don't have to just have sea creatures, it can also be plant life so pictures of coral, etc will work too. If you find you are just short why not PM CastleQueen5 or AngelJoy who have both offered to share their collections. Enjoy the eye candy while you wait.

thanks to all those who are giving me their suggestions - all requests are being noted.

Back
Top Bottom