Postage stamp ATCs - MARINE Due: September 20

Love your cards, plumhill - I especially love the 2nd one where you've used the polka dotted washi tape that reflects the dots in the postage stamp - very cool!

I really think we need to warn the mouse that there is a shark in the water. I love that card. I love the birds in the background and the canceled postmark near them.

yep speaking up for that card, which means I have to make cards and mailed early.

AWESOME cards, plumhill.
I also LOVE the one with the Peru stamp.

And the 2nd one where you've used the polka dotted washi tape that reflects the dots in the postage stamp is BRILLIANT!!!!

Well done

welcome to your first Postage stamp swap Cleopatra (beware, they are addictive - check out the list of future swaps in the first post ;))

Sadly I looked at your list for future stamp ATC swaps and ended up buying bunches of stamps for those from Amazon. As you warned, playing with stamps are addictive. Sigh. This pandemic has also taught me the joys of looking forward to "gifts" coming in the mail with that Amazon smile.

Am still working on my cards but will post when they are done. Have a good weekend everyone!

I got a lot of mine from ebay. And, yes, it IS fun to get the stamps and sort them out... :)
And, I just went to ebay and ordered more. :jiggy: Just another addictive part of the creative process, I guess... :)

Last edited:
I love finding used stamps - sometimes lucky enough to find little packets at the thrift store, but often I buy on Etsy. Sometimes one of the thrift stores holds a silent auction and postage stamps come up for bid, but I never win the bid (sigh) - the final bid usually goes above $100 (sometimes a few hundred dollars). But, oh my, they have had some real beauties that I wish I could get my hands on!

Here are my finished cards. They should leave Calif. today; don't know how long it will take to get to Australia. I'm pleased with how they turned out. I am looking forward to the next postage stamps swap!

Attachments

• 2020MarinePS.jpg
    2020MarinePS.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 16
Cleopatra, I’ve been there, done that! Welcome to the club!

I got a big batch of 1000 stamps the other day. Felt like a miser playing with gold!
I used to get stamps from a local giant yard sale put on by a retirement village. It's always in Nov. and the residents dress up as pilgrims (the name of the center is Pilgrim's Place). I don't know if it will be held this year. But we can hope for the best!
Stay safe everyone!

Back
Top Bottom