Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due Date: Sept. 21
Signup/Withdrawal Date: Sept. 15
Number of Players: Unlimited
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: Hand-drawn/hand-painted, small and flat(ish) embellishments allowed

Fairy doors are enchanted entryways. They are magical portals leading to fairy dwelling interiors, or leading to secret enchanted places. The doors are often very decorative in appearance, with interesting shapes and bright (or pastel) colors. When drawing these special portals, you can decide on arched or other shapes, what sort of doorknob or handle, decorative hinges, etc.

These cards should be flat, one layer, the doors do not really open. That might have been an interesting idea, but for this swap we will just have to imagine what we might see inside.

Your background can be a tree trunk, open meadow, fat mushroom stem, ferns, or (?). THE DOOR ITSELF should be the focal point. It should make us want to open and enter, and should spark curiosity as to what wonders might lie beyond. Small and relatively flat embellishments are welcome, such as sequins and tiny rhinestones, ribbons and fabric trims, glitter glue (no loose glitter), etc. Have fun with this idea, and show pictures of your cards if you can.

GUIDELINES and MAILING:

- Please PM me for my address when cards are ready to mail.
- Place each 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” card in its own plastic sleeve for protection.
- Be sure it qualifies as a “card”, and cannot easily bend into a U-shape.
- Please spread evenly within the envelope, using Washi or Painters tape (Scotch tape can tear the sleeves).
- Please write your username, real name, and swap title on the back of each card.
- USA players, please include a large address label plus one Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please enclose your address label plus $1 USA, or a Global Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- An extra “host card” is always appreciated, but never necessary in order to play.
- When returns are received, please be sure to leave iTrader for your host, and “you rock” points for those who created your returns.

Player List:

1. WITHDRAWN
2. Arc2dreams - RECEIVED
3. An.M.Sudyka - RECEIVED
4. WITHDRAWN
5. Artbymee - RECEIVED
6. Juanita Vee 705 - Canada (Mailed 9/13)
7. Oneeyedwonder - RECEIVED
8. KatTaylor - England (Mailed 9/16)
9. CMontalvo - RECEIVED
10. Majanga - RECEIVED
11. Anni - RECEIVED
12. Ucallmekat - RECEIVED
13. Tamsjourneys - RECEIVED
14. EatSleepWriteABook - Canada (Mailed 9/14)

Last edited:
  • Staff
Ok Terri, the fairies have agreed to put a spell on you to make you join (when you’re ready).

Welcome to lurk and join in the chat anytime, CQ!

Welcome to you, Arc2dreams! If you have any questions about this swap that are unclear in my description, just ask. Also, please ask if you have questions about the site, I think you will love it here.

Signing you up, An.M.Sudyka, welcome!

Welcome to lurk, Bluesky, and I can just imagine what marvelous doors you can make...hope you can join us eventually.

I added some information in the swap description, and will repeat it here: “These cards should be flat, one layer, the doors do not really open. That might be an interesting idea, but for this swap we’ll just have to imagine what we might see inside.” And anyway, if the doors were to open, I believe I would have to post the swap under Mail Art.

Back
Top Bottom