Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – Thursday, Sept. 24th, 2020
Sign-up/withdraw Date – None; please just communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Media – Open Media
Theme – The Poet's House (a house-shaped ATC swap)

For this swap, you will create house-shaped ATCs inspired by poets and their work. Each ATC must include either an image of the poet you are featuring, or a quote of their work (preferably a verse). It is up to you if you would like the card to be an actual home for your poet (doors, windows, etc.), or if you would like to decorate your house-shaped card in some other way.

A few possible poets to consider: Dickinson, Yates, Keats, Wordsworth, Tennyson, Poe, E. E. Cummings, Langston Hughes, Wordsworth...the possibilities are endless!

Card Guidelines:
1. Each card must be a house-shaped card cut from the standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
2. Each card must be original and unique. Please don’t send in cards that you’ve swapped/traded in the past or plan on replicating for swapping/trading in the future.
3. Any embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight.
4. Please send in only work that you have put thought, time, and effort into. Make sure that you are swapping a card you would be happy to receive.
5. Please make sure that cards have a sturdy background and earn the name “card.”
6. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve (please no connecting photo album sleeves without also including individual sleeves).
7. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, the poet you are featuring, your username, your real name, date of creation, and your location.

Mailing Guidelines:
1. Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
2. If you tape your cards together or onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
3. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
4. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns.
5. If you are mailing internationally, please provide one of the following for your returns:
a. One U.S. Global Forever stamp.
b. One well-concealed $1 bill.
c. $1 payment via PayPal.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards and no communication will result in neutral iTrader. You may withdraw any time before the due date.

Here is a sample house-shaped ATC--though not a poet's house. :)
View attachment 216860

Who would like to play?
0. TSMarie
1. NancyL - Received! You Rock!
2. Heathermae77 - Received! You Rock!
3. wildholly - Received! You Rock!
4. redplantlady - Received! You Rock!
5. Withdrew
6. Withdrew
7. mwilding - Received! You Rock!
8. CastleQueen5 - Received! You Rock!
9. Marie - Received! You Rock!
10. Withdrew
11. mrubyjean - Received! You Rock!
12. Ancient Planter - Received! You Rock!
13. samaranavi
14. Char's Whimsy
15. nanvan - Received! You Rock!
16. majanga - Received! You Rock!

Last edited:
I am more then excited...i have so many ideas and inspiration with this swap. Could I do double cards? If not its okay.

There are indeed so many possibies! I am currently reading "101 Classics of Victorian Verse" while trying to choose my own poets/poems. Unfortunately, I do want to keep the swap at 3:3 just because I am afraid going up to 6 cards would overwhelm my organizational abilities, but I would encourage you to make extras and to have them available for personal trade. There are a lot of house-shaped ATC enthusiasts that might be up for trading. :)

Back
Top Bottom