Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Hunt ATART on July 26-29

jo.on.the.go is offline going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been kind of MIA. I am finally looking through all of the wonderful art and enjoying seeing such fantastic creations. I really wish I had joined.

My reason for my absence is that I just found out that I may be able to move into a retirement community, into the unit I had had my eye on for well over a year. I order to make this happen, I desperately needed to de-junk. In less than a week I took three full carloads of stuff to the nearby thrift store. I have another full load waiting in my living room, but it is just too hot to pack up the car. So far, this is mostly just books and things I had stored in my garage, plus a big clean out of the slacks I don't wear (and I'll never be small enough for them again!). Where I will be moving has a big barn that they call "The Craft Barn." If/when I move I will never be able to store all of my craft supplies, so I have a big stack of paints, sketch books, blank canvasses etc. that I am donating to them, with the thought that most should still be available to me when I move.

Also, many pages back people were talking about visiting AFA members. Do you remember Joss, from England, who was active about eight years ago? We traded a lot, and one time she said to me "I just wish I could watch you draw", to which I replied "Sure, I'll just fly over to England to show you". To make a long story short I visited her TWO TIMES! We would spend days doing art together. It was so much fun! So, the moral of the story is, if we ever get over this virus thing, it really is possible to visit each other, even across the oceans.

2. Thanks wildholly thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jo, thank you sharing this! By the way, I have visited Joss too . Evalila was there with me .
    My chunky page list and APC list

4. Thanks jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Joss - I miss seeing her on the site but I hope she is still creating her wonderful art.
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent, globe and the new flower stamp - please pm me.

6. Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bigggest Hugs going out right now to Sanna. I don't know how you can even do this!
    I realize it is a BIG job and I have a gut feeling that every one of us really appreciates all the work that you did behind the scenes. Also, that you took time away from your birthday celebrations and other things.
    This was my very first-- Art A-thon and I had no idea how much went into this. Really, I am thinking only because of this covid thing would I have ever even dared to participate. But, I dove in with a commitment to finish and I tried my best.
    It was super fun, exciting and really challenges the right brain. I really, really needed that during this time.
    I honor all artist's and their creative qualities and quests. Pursue everything you dream as not possible and you can achieve it.

8. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    jo.on.the.go is offline going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joss is still creating art. She has been exhibiting in a number of London galleries. I purchased one of her earlier paintings and the same painting now would probably sell for ten times what I paid. A very successful artist. And the funny thing was that she had a hard time trading here because her work was sort of abstract-y and non-standard. Faces and whole bodies were exaggerated and out of proportion. I always loved her art because she wasn’t afraid to be herself and original.

10. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Likes HHC, wildholly, smallgirl liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    That one was mine and I'm honored you liked it enough to want to steal the idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CastleQueen5 View Post
    I have one more card, Available for trade. It has the key, and the 3 word challenge. I never took a photo and I need to drink this coffee, NEED TO!!

There was so much more I wanted to get done last night, but I went to bed instead. I wanted to steal someones idea, and go places but I cant do it all. But well technically I can keep creating as inspired.

I wanted to steal someones idea to add a cat head with sunglasses to a model's body. I was looking at the "paperclip" link to attachments for the thread, so the artist name was not mentioned, even though I remember the post.

12. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much, Sanna, for hosting and for the invite. I havent been able to create at all since our most recent move so this was a great way to christen my mostly set up art room.

Beautiful art all! I love the idea of meeting and arting together. If you are ever in Texas, look me up. I'll be happy to make a place for you at the art table!

14. Thanks sniisk, jo.on.the.go thanked this post
    Likes jo.on.the.go, smallgirl, HHC liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my last two.

Poppies for Miss (traded)

Baby Blue (not for trade)

- #5 - Use something from your incoming mail. (cardboard from a shipping box)
    - #42 - sending as a surprise RAK
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Likes sniisk, miss liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed all other envelopes except Lorna's. It's still waiting for some more content .
    My chunky page list and APC list

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jo.on.the.go View Post
    Joss is still creating art. She has been exhibiting in a number of London galleries. I purchased one of her earlier paintings and the same painting now would probably sell for ten times what I paid. A very successful artist. And the funny thing was that she had a hard time trading here because her work was sort of abstract-y and non-standard. Faces and whole bodies were exaggerated and out of proportion. I always loved her art because she wasn’t afraid to be herself and original.
    That is great news! I always like her art also but I have an eclectic taste in things. I gifted one of her paintings to a friend who lives there who is also a painter but can be hard to buy for and Joss had the perfect painting. I'm so happy she has found so much success!
    My APC add
    I am interested in trading for cancelled US international stamps - specifically the succulent, globe and the new flower stamp - please pm me.

19. Likes jo.on.the.go liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still making trades and still having fun. As usual it will take me a little while to get everything sorted and packaged to mail but I will be working on it.
    My APC add

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for letting me tag along even though I never found time to produce anything

Really nice to hear the update on Joss too!

Thank you Sanna for hosting and for everyone sharing their wonderful art!

And, if anyone comes to Vancouver, Canada, I'd love to get together (when this pestilence has passed, of course) with anyone coming through! Lots of Americans used to come up to catch cruises to Alaska here, so if you have a day on shore, we could meet up!

22. Thanks sniisk thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Work has been long and hard, and sweaty, even though were have been indoors. The rooms are stuffy. I mean if sweat is rolling down my back it is hot.

I do try to stay on my feet all day, or most of the day. I can feel that my feet and legs are swollen. I am going to lotion them up, and go to bed.

No work tomorrow, and I might get all my trades addressed.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    smallgirl, we're close! I'm in Bellingham, WA and have some local art friends behind the closed border in White Rock and Vancouver that I haven't seen since March 4th... our last get together before they closed the border. I don't know when it will open, not likely anytime soon with the casual disregard some folks have here in our county, and country for that matter.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
    Instagram...Facebook...Etsy Shop...Vintage Etsy...

25. Likes smallgirl liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    HHC, wow! We are close! And I know what you mean about the border; all the public opinion polls in Canada are saying that most Canadians want the border to stay shut. It's not that we don't like our friends in the US, it's just that our numbers are slowly going back up and a lot of people are really alarmed at the number of cases to the south. Hopefully some day things will get back to normal!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    i mailed all but the 2 International trades I made. I'll get them out as soon as i can get to the post office during business hours.

prayer_at_night is offline Elvis Sparkley-Toes, the Christmas Elf
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I finally went to the bloody post office - could it be that people order even more online then before? There are always so, so many people there, and of course we stand in a gigantic queue of masked distance-keepers snaking through what feels like half the city... what the what?!?

Anyways, all your trades are finally on the way, Apologies for the delay! <3
    Hugs, Sarah

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent all my trades out yesterday. Mondays are always busy at the Post Office...they have marks on the floor to stand on and arrows telling us the way to walk through...everyone masked up. At least there were 2 clerks so the line moved quick enough.

Huge thanks to sniisk for creating and hosting the Challenge Hunt!!! And thank you to all who played, shared art or just chatted. All the eye candy gets the creative juices going again...off to check my gallery and see everything got marked correctly.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent mine last week. I can use my outgoing mailbox, so not a big deal. But I have been to the PO and seen the snaking lines. I have been ordering postage stamps online and having them delivered to my mailbox, even thought they charge a small delivery fee. It was worth the time and effort I saved.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prayer_at_night View Post
    I finally went to the bloody post office - could it be that people order even more online then before? There are always so, so many people there, and of course we stand in a gigantic queue of masked distance-keepers snaking through what feels like half the city... what the what?!?

Anyways, all your trades are finally on the way, Apologies for the delay! <3
    That is nerve wracking! Totally agree with you.
    My APC add