Ghosts Among Us, Due October 09, 2020

Ghosts Among us !

Hide & Seek- gel medium transfer, acrylic ink, magazine image

She had a feeling- gel medium transfer, magazine image, sticky text, gelatos

Caretaker- gel medium transfer, magazine background, ink, paper doll

Shadows grew- magazine background, packing tape image, sticky text, painted gauze

I have been playing with gel medium transfers. Hope that you like them :)

LOVE your cards, SpottedCrow.
Your gel medium transfers are always SPOOK-TACULAR!!!!!
The first one looks particularly eerie.
I cannot wait so see it in person.

THANKS for posting such FAB cards.

Thought I'd give a few of my own ghost experiences... First, Fort Worden. If you've ever seen the movie An Officer and a Gentleman, it was filmed there. If you attended Teesha Moore's ArtFest, you've been there -- even stayed there? It's an old military fort, built between the late 1800s through WWI, located in Port Townsend, Washington. Notoriously haunted. It was 30 miles from our house and I attended ArtFest 4 times, JournalFest once, and stayed in the dorms 3 times. I had a ghost experience once during my 3 stays, and my friend had one twice. My first night I was awakened by the coat hangers in my room (a single) clanging together. I thought it was the woman in the next room over, doing something with her clothes at 3 am, but she told me later she was sound asleep. Besides, for it to be that loud it had to be in my own little space. I found out later that playing with the coat hangers was a common ghost occurrence in the dorms. A few days later several of us were awakened around 4 with extremely loud bangs on our doors. My friend in the room next to me told me that she'd forgotten to lock her door and she saw the doorknob turning, but the door didn't open. One brave soul (who doesn't believe in ghosts) jumped up and opened her door to confront the person, but no one was there. And the dorms were locked every night so no one could get in (only women allowed in them). Another year, the friend who had left her door unlocked was staying in another dorm and she couldn't sleep so she got up at 4 to take a shower. The showers were like your high school PE showers, communal. So she was in there all alone, soap in her hair, when she heard a man laugh. Washed the soap out and got back to her room quickly to pull the covers over her. I told her that it was probably the ghost of a young soldier who had never seen a woman with a mastectomy before, so one breast was strange to him. Here are some photos:

View attachment 217420 - me and the dorms. My dorm with the ghost experience was the very last, by the water.

View attachment 217421 - the 3rd door on the right, behind the 2 women, was my room. My friend was in the room where the door is slightly ajar.

View attachment 217422 - The buildings in the background were Officer's Housing. You can rent the entire house if you want. I believe it's #10 that's the worst. Teesha told me that every year, whoever is in that house, either leaves or asks for new accommodations because of the ghost(s).

View attachment 217423 - JFK building. There's something evil in that one. LK Ludwig was going to let me in at night with her key so I could investigate (she told me she'd had some pretty freaky experiences in it), but I chickened out at the thought of "evil"!

SpottedCrow, your cards are fabulous! I'm not signed up yet (lurking) and I'm not at all sure I can make "spooky" cards. After seeing yours, I'm especially intimidated. Maybe I'll check out how to do gel transfers!

Nanvan ! You make awesome art.
Packing tape transfers and gel transfers are easy. Lots of how to on You Tube.
Most important is just have fun! That is what VickiZ told me when I first signed up for one of her swaps! ;)

Back
Top Bottom