Media
Swap Due Date: Due October 19, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due October 19, 2020
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
Spooky Halloween, Due October 19, 2020

RETURNS MAILED 10/27

Come in for a spell and enjoy this spirited and spooky swap! Create ATCs that are certain to make things go bump in the night with a wicked color palette of spooky purples, eerie oranges and moonlit blacks. You will have a “spooktacular” good time creating your frightful ATCs (NO APCs allowed) of chilling, fear-inspiring, scary ATCs vampires, witches and monsters. Make no bones about it, you need to sign up NOW....

Halloween is filled with traditions and superstitions, and the night is rampant with a plethora of Halloween critters. In Victorian times, Halloween was more of a PARTY than the solemn/spooky holiday we celebrate today. In older days, Halloween was the traditional time for divination for the coming year, often as games for children. It was the favored time to determine the identity of one's future spouse, the location of one's future home, and how many children a person might have. Seasonal foods such as apples and nuts were often employed. Apples were bobbed. Apples were peeled. Apples were thrown.

As autumn approaches, we see fun, frightful scenes that symbolize Halloween. Look to the stores, the malls, the neighbor's house. With customs and traditions that vary widely by community, Halloween now inspires parades and carnivals, corn mazes, haunted houses, neighborhood and school parties, pumpkin festivals, and even pumpkin catapulting. Halloween remains a much anticipated celebration of the macabre in the face of approaching winter.

Your cards can be spooky, or superstitious. You can depict witches, warlocks, ghosts, or monsters. You can show skulls, skeletons, Spells and/or Magick. (NOT stage magic).
Please stay away from El Dia de los Muertos as it is very borderline to this theme, plus there are usually swaps devoted entirely to this theme, so there is no need to duplicate. Beyond that, Anything to do with Halloween, as long as it is spooky. The only thing NOT ALLOWED is cute, kids, or cute kids (dressed up for Halloween).

Additional:
I have been asked about CARDS THAT MOOVE,

Halloween is that eerie, spooky, creepy, time of year, when we tend to see movement out of the corners of our eyes, a time when ghosts and monsters appear behind bushes, and things appear just barely within our sight, and everything seems to shimmer and move.

Many of you already know that cards that lift, slide, spin, pop up, or in any way moove, are my favorite cards. So, since you asked about cards the moove, you are invited to pick your Halloween critter, and make some cards that show moovement.

Think Zombies that shamble, Frankenstein that stomps, spooks that shudder, ghosts that glide, bats that fly, apparitions that flutter, vampires that rise from their coffin. In fact, a coffin lid that opens on a brad, or lifts with a fold-down top are some of the easiest cards to make that still move!!!!!!

You do NOT have to make ATCs that move, but, if you send in a SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CARD that moves, slides, or pops up, I will assure you get back at least one card in return that moves, possibly more than one, depending on how many cards come in.

For anyone confused about "cards that move", I have numerous ATCs in my gallery of cards that spin, fold, move, lift, and pull out. They are labeled as cards that move, but you may have to look for them since they move as I add and delete cards.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 15 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by October 19, 2020. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants
Spooky Halloween – Due October 19, 2020

1; Heathermae77 -- Cards Received 8/17
*2. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 9/09
*3. Cleopatra -- Cards Received 8/03
*4. SpottedCrow -- Cards Received 8/20
*/. Fandanie -- WITHDREW
*/. josiesuelupin -- NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
5. Chimerix -- Cards Received 8/17
*6. Rainey Day -- Cards Received 8/21
7. ButterBean -- Cards Received 9/02
*/. KatTaylor -- NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
*9. Boots -- Cards Received 8/17
*10. TruDeeG -- Cards Received 8/07
11. UnTamedSquid -- Cards Received 10/02
*12; JoyceG -- Cards Received 8/29
*13. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 9/13
14; WolfMoon -- Cards Received 9/25
*//. DebbaPeot -- WITHDREW
*15. Laffqueen -- Cards Received 9/22
*16. Suzi -- Cards Received 9/22
*17. Deb2015 -- Cards Received 10/10
18; Arc2dreams -- Cards Received
*19. jo.on.the.go -- Cards Received 10/16
rn20. LuAnnP -- Cards Received

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Off the lurkers couch. My Halloween stash is pretty healthy.
Question: Does Dia de los Muertos fit your theme? Thanks.

Off the lurkers couch. My Halloween stash is pretty healthy.
Question: Does Dia de los Muertos fit your theme? Thanks.

Dia de los Muertos is very borderline to this theme.
If you really feel motivated to make these cards, please make additional spooky Halloween cards as well, in other words, I will accept DDLM, but please don't send all DDLM.

I signed you up.

Dia de los Muertos is very borderline to this theme.
If you really feel motivated to make these cards, please make additional spooky Halloween cards as well, in other words, I will accept DDLM, but please don't send all DDLM.

I signed you up.

Okay, thanks! Just wondering. I can do spooky all day long!

Sooo, since I have nothing to do but do art my cards are ready to go. I'm glad they get to travel :twitcy: unlike me!
The first card looks simple, but open if you dare! The next card pops-up -- is it a witch, wizard, haunted house or monster? The third card (lower right) is 3 dimensional and will reveal hidden images when opened; the last card is "just" a card, but spooky nevertheless. Enjoy!
2020SpookyHalloween.jpg

Sooo, since I have nothing to do but do art my cards are ready to go. I'm glad they get to travel :twitcy: unlike me!
The first card looks simple, but open if you dare! The next card pops-up -- is it a witch, wizard, haunted house or monster? The third card (lower right) is 3 dimensional and will reveal hidden images when opened; the last card is "just" a card, but spooky nevertheless. Enjoy!
View attachment 217127

Your cards are AWESOME.
I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.
Thanks for posting such wonderful inspiration.

Back
Top Bottom