Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: October 11
Withdraw Date: October 5
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP, collage, stamps, fabrics, etc… whatever works for you

Take-It-Off! A Moving Card Swap

For this swap we will be making ATC’s that depict ‘taking-it-off’.

I’m not talking about a KonMari take-it-off; sparking joy by taking clutter off your desk or nightstand, or trees losing their leaves.. though those might be a great ideas for swaps.

I’m talking about living things… adults and children can take of their clothes (*no nudity though… have something underneath), tip their hats, cut their hair, might look dramatically different without their make up... or dentures... etc. Any Clark Kent superheroes out there?

Revealing a tattoo? Removing one? It’s all good.

Animals can take it off too…ish… if you can find a removable part. Turtles come to mind here, and snails, armadillos, oysters? Could a Zebra stack its stripes on the fencepost overnight?

I want to see the before AND after. So we’ll be making cards with moving parts that reveal the change.

Each card will be going to a different player so they can be all different or all alike… your choice.

Here is an example I made for a previous swap:
View attachment 217023 View attachment 217021
Toupee of the Morning: A gentleman tips his hat, revealing a bald head and a toupee.

I'll make more examples soon as my plays in the swap.

All the usual rules apply:
1. No chunky or flimsy cards,
2. No shaped-base cards (though you’ll probably need a shaped layer)
3. Please send your best work. Please enclose each card in a protective sleeve. I’d hate to see your hard work get destroyed in the mail.
4. If you use brads please use the smallest you can to keep those postal machines happy.
5. Hostess cards, should you wish to send one, will be treasured, but are in no way required.
6. As for postage one forever stamp and one extra ounce for 3 cards, two forever stamps for 6. One US dollar well concealed for 3/ two dollars for six cards should be plenty for overseas swappers. If it isn’t I’ll cover the difference.
7. SASE’s are nice, but might make postage harder this time, so a STICKY label is fine too, especially if you don’t want to calculate the cost of mailing an extra envelope. I’m happy to provide them.
8. As always, please let us know when you send your cards and when you receive your returns, and leave rep for your fellow artists.

Who wants to Take It Off?

0. Marie
1. LuAnnP - link @)-‘— Arrived
2. Elliejaybird- link @)-‘— Arrived
3. artbyme - link @)-‘— Arrived
4. TrinaLD- link withdrawn
5. An.M. Sudyka- link @)-‘— Arrived
6. MissRich - link withdrawn

Last edited:
“I should have worn sunscreen” is brilliant! I saw it in the gallery. Here is another of your very creative and imaginative swap ideas! I am lurking for the moment and trying to come up with some ideas.

You’re welcome to ponder CiCiCreates! I’m pondering myself right now. I really wanted to do a clown car. You know where the car frame swivels Up revealing all the clowns squeezing in. But my own requirement was ‘living things’ ... so there goes the clown car idea...

I’m percolating on another idea now.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome lurkers Monroy28 and catladybj! Feel free to join in the conversation while you look about. :-) I love good conversation.

Welcome artbyme, so glad you’re joining in. :)

Enjoy your stay majamga, feel free to share your thoughts! I hope you decide to join in later. :-)

Thanks Rosa! It’s nice to have you lurking. I’ve just been working on my next card, not done yet though. I’m so full of ideas! I hope you decide to play. :)

Back
Top Bottom