TSMarie

Exploring...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date – Thursday, October 8th, 2020
Sign-up Deadline – Thursday, September 3rd, 2020
Withdrawal Deadline – None; no withdrawals allowed
Number of Cards – 1 card per person per group (total of 4 cards per group)
Number of Participants – 6 groups of 5 players per group
Theme – Chosen by players

PAT Guidelines/Rules:
1. In order to participate in this PAT, you must:
Have an established iTrader rating of +15.
Have received no negatives within the past 6 months.
Have received no neutrals within the past 3 months.
2. Themes must be chosen within 48 hours of joining the swap.
3. Chosen themes must fall into the stated group category of either “Regular” or “Open.”
“Regular” themes include generic themes that are easy to reference and/or find images for collage (ex. cats, castles, roses, cottage, etc.).
“Open” themes may be regular or challenging, and includes those that need research and/or are specific (ex. Irish castles, Alice in Wonderland, Medieval beasts, etc.)
4. You may only join up to 2 groups.
5. Each card must be the standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
6. Each card must be original and unique.
7. You must follow the themes requested by your group participants EXACTLY. Theme is the main focus of a PAT, so no deviations from theme requests are allowed. If a player requests a green cat and a blue one is submitted, it will be returned.
8. Embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight; no bulky embellishments.
9. Cards must have a sturdy background and earn the name “card.”
10. Each card must be in an individual plastic sleeve (please no connecting photo album sleeves without also including individual sleeves).
11. Each card should be labeled with the swap name, your username, your real name, date of creation, your location, group number, and recipient name.

Mailing Guidelines:
1. Please mail cards in a business-sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
2. Please protect your cards from damage in the mail by including a cardstock background or folder, or by placing individual cards within sturdy sleeve protectors.
3. If you tape your cards onto a sturdy background when mailing, please use an easy-release tape such as painter’s tape or washi tape. I don’t want anyone’s beautiful artwork to be damaged by tape.
4. Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
5. If you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns if you are in just one group. Include a stamp for an additional ounce if you are in two groups.
6. If you are mailing internationally, please provide one of the following for your returns:
a. One Global U.S. Forever stamp per group.
b. One well-concealed $1 bill per group.

Make Note:
I am an on-time hostess! I will not wait for your cards! Do not over-commit yourself. Late cards--regardless of the reason (health, personal tragedy, job demands, etc.)--will result in a negative iTrader from me, and possibly from each of the other participants in your group. The only exception to this rule will be if you both show proof of finished cards (shared in the thread or messaged to me privately) AND notify me that they have been mailed (at the same time) at least 4 weeks in advance for international mail, and 2 weeks in advance for U.S. mail. I apologize if this seems harsh, but I view iTrader simply as a statement of fact, not as any sort of punishment or judgement of the artist.
*I know that the mail is funky right now due to the pandemic, but it is easy to avoid a negative iTrader by following the directions above regarding completion, notification, and mailing. I have made the sign-up date 5 weeks before the cards are due specifically to allow our international players the full four weeks for mailing.
*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me and appropriate theme material is verified.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date.
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required. :)
*Please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and for each participant in your group.

To Join This Swap:
You must verify that you have read the above by joining with the statement:
“I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.”

Who would like to play?

Last edited:
Group 1 – HD/HP – Regular Themes
1. Ancient Planter - black cat(s)
2. CiCiCreates - whimsical owl(s)
3. ceejay - raccoons
4. aginghippychic - sunflower(s)
5. artbymee - goat

Group 2 – HD/HP – Open Themes
1. Terri F - Great Pyrenees puppy with black patches around her eyes
2. karenr - Frida Kahlo
3. Monroy28 - Marie Antoinette
4. josiesuelupin - character from the original Stargate (Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal’c)
5. miss - character from the TV show The Umbrella Academy

Group 3 – Collage – Regular Themes
1. TSMarie - nighttime garden
2. chimerix - non-cutsie octopus
3. ferretgirl - a wolf
4. Allegrae - extreme weather (thunderstorms, hurricanes, tornados)
5. Fierce Armadillo - a cute or fancy rat

Group 4 – Collage – Open Themes
1. TSMarie - Old Time Radio Show(s) (favorites include Burns and Allen, A Day in the Life of Dennis Day, Our Miss Brooks, The Life of Riley, Phil Harris/Alice Faye Show)
2. chimerix - The Emerald City
3. Allegrae - a social issue in sports (click here for ideas)
4. LucyMc - Outlander
5. Closed

Group 5 – Altered Playing Cards (APCs) – Regular Themes
1. karr3ll - cow(s) (P2:A; P3:2; P4:3; P5:4)
2. AngelJoy - turtle(s) (P1:A; P3:A; P4:A♠; P5:A♣)
3. LucyMc - owl(s) (P1:2; P2:4♣; P4:2; P5:2♠)
4. katelnorth - dark and creepy Halloween (P1:A♣; P2:2♣; P3:3♣; P5:5♣)
5. JudyLee - Vintage Halloween (love text on cards) (P1:A; P2:A; P3:A♠; P4:A♣)

Group 6 – Altered Playing Cards (APCs) – Open Themes
1. karr3ll - vintage Christmas (P2:4; P3:6; P4:8; P5:2)
2. AngelJoy - Minion(s) (P1:A; P3:A; P4:A♠; P5:A♣)
3. Closed
4. Closed
5. Closed

Last edited:
I would love to be in Group One.

Theme being Great Pyrenees Puppy with black patches around her eyes.

Hello Terri F! Please review the full swap guidelines to join. (Also, a specific breed would be Open Theme, so group 2.) :)

Last edited:
I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.”

TSMarie Ok...I was wondering that it may be Group Number Two.

Thanks

I have read and understand the swap guidelines and rules.

I'd love to be in groups 3 & 4
Group 3 - The Emerald City
Group 4 - Cthulhu

I'd love to be in groups 3 & 4
Group 3 - The Emerald City
Group 4 - Cthulhu

Thank you, chimerix! For Group 3, it is just "regular" themes, which can't be something specific like The Emerald City. Would you like something else? And if you can only have The Emerald City or Cthulhu for Group 4, which would you prefer?

May I please join Group 1 with the theme Frida Kahlo. (Or Group 2 if you think it belongs there).

May I please join Group 1 with the theme Frida Kahlo. (Or Group 2 if you think it belongs there).

Haha! I think I need to modify my definition of "Regular" and "Open." I would actually prefer to broaden "Regular," but am always afraid that the folks who want an easy theme would be scared away by more specific requests. Next time, perhaps! For this one, it would be Group 2. :)

I have read and understood the swap rules. May I join group 1 with a theme of “whimsical owls” please?

I have read and understand the guidelines and rules for this swap.
I'd like to join ... Group one - HD/HP - theme: Raccoons

Last edited:
I have read and understood the swap rules. May I join group 1 with a theme of “whimsical owls” please?

Absolutely, CiCi! Happy to see you! :) And is just one whimsical owl ok, or does it need to be owls, plural? I always like to make sure!

I have read and understand the guidelines and rules for this swap.
I'd like to join ... Group one - HD/HP - theme: Raccoons

Welcome, ceejay! Adding you now! And same question: does your theme need to be raccoons plural, or is one raccoon also ok? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom