Thread: August 5x7 Canvas Trade

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

August 5x7 Canvas Trade

NEW COMMENTS AND IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS IN BLUE - PLEASE READ!

Deadline to sign up: CLOSED TO NEW SIGN-UPS. PLEASE JOIN US 1 SEPTEMBER!
    Mail-by date (try to mail by this date): 24 August
    Deadline to get to your partner: 31 August
    Open Theme, HD/HP or Mixed Media (You do not need to make something based on your partner’s profile, so you are allowed to work on it before partners are assigned.)
    Substrate: 5x7 canvas board.

HOW TO JOIN and RULES:
    ~Players have until evening (U.S. Central time) on 7 August to sign up. I will then assign partners the following day. (U.S. Central time.)
    ~Players MUST be able to commit; you cannot withdraw after partners are assigned. Please, no negative iTraders in last 6 months, no Neutrals in last 3 months.
    ~Players must PM their partners and trade addresses once they have been assigned.
    ~Communicate delays to your partner. If you know you will be out of town during this month, PLEASE let your partner know about it so that they aren't left wondering if you flaked. A simple "Don't worry if you hear from me at some point, as I will be out of town for a week" is enough. For safety and security reasons, they don't need the exact dates or the reason why you are out of town.
    ~Similarly, if you know that you won't be able to make or mail the canvas until towards the end of the month, let your partner know. This way they won't have to wonder if they will get a canvas or not.
    ~Keep your partner and the thread posted on when the canvas was mailed. Let your partner and the thread know when you have received your partner’s canvas.
    ~International players welcome – so just be aware that if you get an international partner, then it may cost more to mail the canvas, and it will also take longer to reach your partner. Please PM me if you would like to join but can't afford the mailing costs.
    ~Anticipate at least a 3-week ship time from places outside the US or Canada. (And I strongly recommend a tracking number!) Partners MUST communicate when they mailed a canvas if it is coming from/to outside the US. Also, please do not give a Neutral or Negative iTrader for a long ship time. The exception would be if your partner failed to communicate.

CREATING THE CANVAS
    ~Open medium on 5x7 canvas board. (Can be HD/HP, mixed media)
    ~You can start canvases early or wait to be assigned a partner – you do not have to make something based on your partner’s profiles, but you certainly are welcome to do that if you want to make it a little more special.
    ~If you can, we would just love it if you can post a picture of the canvas you made after your partner receives it! (Not before…we don’t want to spoil the surprise!)
    ~Consider coating your canvas with a clear protective coating designed for artwork to help protect it on its journey. Definitely do this if you use mediums like pencils, charcoal or chalk pastels.

MAILING THE CANVAS
    ~Canvases should be mailed early enough to make it into your partner’s hands before the last day of the month.
    ~Canvases may be mailed in an envelope or 'naked' (ie, mailed as-is and not in an envelope). Understand that a naked canvas may end up with postal marks, scratches or other blemishes (this just adds to the character of the canvas!) The canvas' creator is not responsible for any damage to a canvas that has been mailed naked. If you absolutely do not want to receive a naked canvas, please post that when you sign up, and I will do my best to partner you with someone who will mail the canvas in an envelope, but this may not always be possible.
    ~I strongly encourage senders to get a tracking number when you mail the canvas. Please give this tracking number to your partner as proof the canvas has been mailed. (We have had canvases take the scenic route before, so tracking really helps to make sure they don't get too lost.) The canvas' creator is responsible for mailing a new canvas if the original does not arrive after 2 weeks.

ETTIQUITE RULES
    ~Do not join if you aren’t sure that you can commit to making a canvas. We understand that life doesn’t always follow the rules, so if something unexpected happens, PM your partner and work it out with them.
    ~Communicate, communicate, communicate! You MUST PM your partner if you aren’t able to meet your deadline. No communication WILL RESULT IN NEGATIVE iTRADERS! No one likes giving those out, if you are delayed for whatever reason, please let your partner know ahead of time.

iTRADER
    ~Positive iTrader = given to your partner when you receive your canvas. I, as the host, do not get an iTrader.
    ~Negative iTrader = no canvas by the deadline and no communication.

Who would like to play? (And please help spread the word - the more players we have, the better!)

Color legend:
    MAILED - RECEIVED

1. JeffWoodArt - Redplantlady
    2. Redplantlady - JeffWoodArt
    3. Heathermae77 - Foxglove
    4. Foxglove - Heathermae77
    Last edited by Foxglove; 08-11-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, please, I will go again
    “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls” — Pablo Picasso

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skipping this month. Sorry.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back JeffWoodArt! So glad you're back for another month!

No worries, Fandanie! I hope to see you next month!

I am adding Redplantlady too. Is there anyone else who'd like to join?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks like its just you two, this month!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please please please can I still play..i have been wanting too since march...

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Normally, these trades are closed to sign-ups on the 8th of each month, but since there were only two others who joined, I will say yes. You'll be my partner this month! I will send a PM.