Welcome Committee
Media
Albums
Due Date: Oct. 10
Signup/Withdrawal Date: Oct. 5
Number of Players: Unlimited
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Media: Open; Collage, mixed media, hand-drawn/hand-painted

Geisha means “a person of the arts” or “accomplished person”. Japanese Geisha were taught many artistic endeavors, including music and dance. They studied the elaborate tea ceremony, learning how to serve the tea and entertain businessmen and high officials who visited the teahouses. They were sometimes, but not always, courtesans. They were trained to be gifted conversationalists in many topics, and were trusted to be discreet. They required a wardrobe of very expensive and gorgeous kimonos and obis made of colorful silks, beautifully hand-painted or embroidered.

Your Geisha cards can be mixed media, collage, or hd/hp, and can include relatively flat embellishments if you like, such as small sequins and rhinestones, gold or silver fabric trims, etc. Please show us pictures of finished cards if you can, it is always inspiring to other players.

GUIDELINES & MAILING:

- Please PM for my address when cards are ready to mail.
- Place each 2 1/2 x 3 1/2” card in its own plastic sleeve for protection.
- Be sure it qualifies as a “card”, and doesn’t easily bend into a U-shape.
- Please spread evenly within the envelope, using Washi or painters tape (Scotch tape can tear the sleeves).
- Please write your username, real name, and swap title on the back of each card.
- USA players, please include a large address label plus one Forever stamp, and I will provide envelopes.
- International players, please enclose your address label plus $1 USA, or a Global Forever stamp. I will provide envelopes.
- An extra “host card” is always appreciated, but never necessary in order to play.
- When returns are received, please be sure to leave iTrader for your host, and “You Rock” points for those who created your returns.

Participants:

1. Karr311 - RECEIVED
2. Joamosatcharterdotnet - RECEIVED
3. Blueangel - RECEIVED
4. Arc2dreams - RECEIVED
5. Carol - RECEIVED
6. RaineyDay - RECEIVED
7. Nicky - RECEIVED
8. Artbymee - RECEIVED
9. Lazyshadows
10. Luckycat479 - RECEIVED
11. Heathermae77 - RECEIVED
12. WITHDRAWN
13. Oneeyedwonder - RECEIVED
14. Cleopatra - RECEIVED
15. Fandanie - RECEIVED
16. JenUrebel - RECEIVED
17. Msbarbara - RECEIVED
18. Kehlenn - RECEIVED
19. Mrubyjean - RECEIVED
20. Deb2015 - RECEIVED

Last edited:
  • Staff
Example cards: Geisha in hd/hp by Nicky; Geisha in hd/hp by ARTG33K74; Geisha in watercolors by CiCiCreates; Geisha in collage by Queen Bee.

• Staff
I hope you are asking to be signed up....

• Staff
Welcome to the swap, Karr311 and Joamosatcharterdotnet!

I'm lurking for now, but think this would be a fun swap. I like to make my cards before I commit......

Welcome to lurk, NYJunkie!

Great looking cards, Karr311! That has to be a record for signing up to a just-posted swap and having cards made!

Relax on the lurkers couch, Bluesky and artbymee!

Signing you up, Carol and RaineyDay!

Back
Top Bottom