ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date – October 18th
Withdrawal Deadline – None, just communicate
Number of ATCs –3:3 or 6:6
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Medium: –collage/mixed media

FUN AT THE FLEA MARKET SWAP: DUE OCTOBER 18, 2020

There's an old saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure" and if you've ever been to a flea market or 2nd-hand shop you'll know exactly what they meant by it.

I love going shopping at flea markets. Its like a treasure hunt, weeding through people's "junk" to find a "hidden gem" They have so many unique finds, and it is such an adventure to seek them out!
I don't know about you, but I could certainly use an adventure...So, who would like to join me for a treasure hunt? (virtual of course)

For this swap, you will create 3 or 6 ATCs collage cards by "treasure hunting" through magazines, books, etc. Find images that make you think of flea markets, antique shops, thrift stores, swap meets, or even yards sales...anywhere you can find unique 2nd-hand goods. Show me what you would buy or what would catch your eye? Show me the old stuff that otherwise wouldn't be around anymore, the rare stuff that you'll probably never see ever again, and the really weird stuff that you didn't even know existed but now you have to have it! Perhaps you'd buy (clip) an item because it reminds you of someone or maybe you are adding to a collection (I, myself have a collection of 2nd hand clowns) Did the item make you laugh? Would it make a good prank gift? How about a conversation piece for your living room? Really, anything goes, as long as the item(s) or it's surroundings has a "thrifted" vibe and you tell the item(s) story through supporting imagery.

Card guidelines
Send 3 or 6 cards in standard ATC size (2.5” x 3.5”)
(if you want to include an extra for the hostess, it would be cherished but not required)
ensure all cards are in their protective plastic sleeves.
Put (at least) your name, user name and swap name on the backs of all cards.

Media
This is a collage swap which means you are collaging multiple images onto your cards. At least your item(s) and it's supporting imagery. You may choose to make your collage a mixed media by painting/accenting etc, as long as the imagery can still be clearly seen.

Mailing
PM me for my address when you are ready to mail

U.S. players: Please include a SASE with enough postage for your returns. Recommend 1 forever stamp for 3 cards and 2 stamps for 6 cards.
International players: Please include a large mailing label with your return address and $1 or global forever stamp per 3 cards.

That about sums it up... Please be mindful of deadlines and feel free to ask if you have any questions

Shoppers (players):
BArox818
RaineyDay
Jensaz
Essy
Elliejaybird
TrudiJ
dnewton972
dithespy
Lalka
cleopatra
Mushu
Monroy28
OrigamiGrace
valentina22
laffqueen
Ylimeyella
JenUrebel

Last edited:
Great theme BArox818! I loved going and looking at all the neat stuff, no flea marts or thrift stores open as of yet :( hopefully soon... I have a few collections myself. I would love to join! :)

Great theme BArox818! I loved going and looking at all the neat stuff, no flea marts or thrift stores open as of yet :( hopefully soon... I have a few collections myself. I would love to join! :)

Ugh same here. I was really missing going so I figured we could do it vicariously through art.

Trying to get back into the swing if creating ATCs and joining a swap or two. Lurking for now, going to go treasurehunting in my hobby room and magazines before committing to signing up :-)

My set is done :) it was fun "rummaging" through my stuff to make them!
Top- Vintage Tea Cups & Dishes, Antique Photos of Children
Bottom- Speckled Egg Specimens collection, Vintage Sewing Notions

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_224852.jpg
    IMG_20200811_224852.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom