Fun at the Flea Market Collage/Mixed Media swap Due October 18th

I love flea markets and yard sales, too, although I can’t get out to them often. Love hearing what folks find!!! I recently went to an estate sale from an elderly couple moving to a nursing home. It was a little sad to see their lifetime reduced to a collection of random bits and pieces in boxes. The husband was a Lutheran minister and his old dusty “library” was filled with such awesome stuff... old study guides for learning the ancient languages, etc. The little “Mrs.” must have been a skilled seamstress because her sewing room was stacked with sewing patterns, laces, and buttons, etc. So I walked away that afternoon with bags of treasures... I wonder if a small part of me wanted to “save” and preserve their little special things to keep their memory alive. Oh well, I digress. Soooooo... sign me up, please! I’ve got stuff that is begging to get be-ATC’d !!!!! :)

I love this theme and flea-markets, but will have to lurk for now...

Dithespy, your cards are so awesome and inspiring :)!

Essy, Dithespy: thanks for sharing. So many cool ideas, sure to inspire other players :D
and Dithespy, I love the idea of using secondhand items as your backgrounds

I love flea markets and yard sales, too, although I can’t get out to them often. Love hearing what folks find!!! I recently went to an estate sale from an elderly couple moving to a nursing home. It was a little sad to see their lifetime reduced to a collection of random bits and pieces in boxes. The husband was a Lutheran minister and his old dusty “library” was filled with such awesome stuff... old study guides for learning the ancient languages, etc. The little “Mrs.” must have been a skilled seamstress because her sewing room was stacked with sewing patterns, laces, and buttons, etc. So I walked away that afternoon with bags of treasures... I wonder if a small part of me wanted to “save” and preserve their little special things to keep their memory alive. Oh well, I digress. Soooooo... sign me up, please! I’ve got stuff that is begging to get be-ATC’d !!!!! :)

Yes!! I thought the same, many times...It’s like wanting to open a museum in their honor!

I'm in northeastern Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg. We have some really great flea markets and antique malls in the area of Lewisburg, Pa. If anyone ever stops there for a visit you will need more than a day to visit the shops because they are huge. I go there at least a dozen times a year.

I'm in northeastern Pennsylvania in Bloomsburg. We have some really great flea markets and antique malls in the area of Lewisburg, Pa. If anyone ever stops there for a visit you will need more than a day to visit the shops because they are huge. I go there at least a dozen times a year.

Ahh you’re about 2 hours from me. I camp in your area (Nescopeck) for a music festival every summer... there’s another good antique shop in Berwick too

I miss going thrift shopping and to the antiques stores. I collect thimbles ( have over 300 ) and glass and other materials juicers ( over 100 ). I love the cards that have been done so far. They evoke the theme so well.
Please sign me up as I’d love to play!

Back
Top Bottom