Found Poetry with a Twist Swap: Due November 15, 2020. Mixed media

I have that nasty perfectionist gene as well. I gave it to my daughter. Trying to get her to stop tripping over herself is teaching me to be better to myself about it too. Both my kids are old enough that they have reached the teaching me about myself stage. I put on some stand up comedy (Jim Gaffigan, since he has a million specials between Netflix and Prime) and just started cutting. At first I was trying to remember what I had already cut out and match it to something on the page, but as I cut out more stuff I would forget what I had already. Then I just stopped thinking and started cutting out stuff that sounded pretty together, or phrases I thought I might need, like “you are” or “it is”, then that devolved into just looking at the ads and cutting out single words on pretty colored backgrounds. I was surprised how easily stuff started coming together when I was just looking at little words instead of huge pages full of words. Hope that helps anyone who is worried about finding stuff.

One poem is about an elephant with painted fingernails playing a piano. Not sure what the card will look like, but it was fun to not be so serious.

Elliejaybird: Received your awesome art cards. First one to arrive!!:v_spin: Love the backgrounds, The poetry is amazing. Very powerful. Thanks for the hostess card.

May I please join?

Found poetry is my jam! :D I love making and receiving it!!!

My little tip when I cut out words/phrases is to read from the bottom-up to keep my head from getting too distracted by the story. Sometimes I'll try to read from right to left but that's more tricky :wub: I'll take a page from a book and cut out phrases/words as they jump out at me then assemble them later. The longer they sit the easier they are to work with because I forget what they were originally a part of ;)

May I please join?

Found poetry is my jam! :D I love making and receiving it!!!

My little tip when I cut out words/phrases is to read from the bottom-up to keep my head from getting too distracted by the story. Sometimes I'll try to read from right to left but that's more tricky :wub: I'll take a page from a book and cut out phrases/words as they jump out at me then assemble them later. The longer they sit the easier they are to work with because I forget what they were originally a part of ;)

Big Welcome:yes: Great tips . I'll have to try that for my next piece.

Eight days since I mailed mine. I guess it isn't time to panic yet. I'm getting twitchy about cards making it to their destination, ha ha. Had a set lose their way to Australia lately. :rolleyes:

No need to panic. :wideeyed:They are in my hot little hands and arrived yesterday. Love the backgrounds and sayings. Thanks for the hostess card.

Essy: So much art arrived yesterday. Yours too. Love the amazing hand painted backgrounds.Are they watercolors? Delightful sayings. Thanks for the hostess card. Will be hard to pick one.

Made this one last night. I didn't like it at first but the more I look at it the more I love it. Hopefully whoever gets it likes it too :cute:

1_DreadfulFate_Sep2020.jpg

Essy: So much art arrived yesterday. Yours too. Love the amazing hand painted backgrounds.Are they watercolors? Delightful sayings. Thanks for the hostess card. Will be hard to pick one.
Thank you! So happy you like them :) I used carand'ache neocolor II

Made this one last night. I didn't like it at first but the more I look at it the more I love it. Hopefully whoever gets it likes it too :cute:

1_DreadfulFate_Sep2020.jpg

It has a disturbing sense about it but I really like it! What does that say about us?!

Well, my cards should go out Monday. This was a challenge for me. I like all the tips other players are sharing. Thanks! My twists are: die cut feather on snowy owl; washi tape on women; fleur de lis on France, and artist's palette on artist card (also napkin background maybe).

Attachments

• 2020FoundPoetry.jpg
    2020FoundPoetry.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom