Found Poetry with a Twist Swap: Due November 15, 2020. Mixed media

I have been away for a few years, but would like to start trading again. I’m a little rusty. Could I please join? I’m relearning how this works. :)

Last edited:
So, is there a guaranteed source of good poetry sources? I have (literally) over a hundred pounds of fashion magazines left over from collage work and finding most of the text to be uninspiring. I have them for the photos after all. Is there a specific genre of book that lends itself more easily to good found poetry?

So, is there a guaranteed source of good poetry sources? I have (literally) over a hundred pounds of fashion magazines left over from collage work and finding most of the text to be uninspiring. I have them for the photos after all. Is there a specific genre of book that lends itself more easily to good found poetry?

Sorry you are having trouble finding words/phrases.

I use all kinds of printed materials from ads, newspaper, comics, and even books that I find at garage sales. Some people don't like to cut up books. I even used my son's used code books and to my surprise found some interesting phrases.
I look at ads or magazines and try to think of works that pop up or 2-3 word phrases and think outside of the context of the magazine.

Maybe other artists here can give you ideas or even post what they have done so far.

Hope this is helpful to get going.

Back
Top Bottom