Found Poetry with a Twist Swap: Due November 15, 2020. Mixed media

I gotta say, this sort of thing is a little outside of my wheelhouse. I tend to want poetry to rhyme, and for things to be symmetrical. So, when things get abstract or whimsical or irrational (more creative?) my mind goes blank, lol. But I'm finding it a good challenge! It took me a long time to finish this card, but I finally got it done! I'm so proud of myself! :laugh: I did use some books. I have a collection of old books which I use just for collage. I hate to cut them up, too, but most of them wouldn't be useful for anything else. I sometimes collect old children's books that have been really harshly treated. (I have quite a large collection of children's books that I have just so I can admire the artwork. I won't cut these up!) I just recently threw out most of my magazines, so I had to use books instead. I get them at library book sales and thrift stores.
View attachment 218220
The "regular" looking text I got from old chapter type books for kids, and the colorful text was from a Skippyjohn Jones book. They have lots of different fonts, colors and sizes. I need to get a few magazines.
I have the most difficulty with the black out type of found poetry. Once again, because I want to make something that "makes sense" instead of just making it fun. I gotta loosen up! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I love your card!!! It’s actually very inspiring. I hope to see more cards posted soon! Maybe that is my problem, I’m too rigid. I need to learn to play. This is the perfect challenge for that and I’m so glad I joined. I guess I just needed permission if that makes sense. I was also trying to find poetry after being awake for almost 2 days....so I’m sure that had something to do with it. I had a nap. I had some food. Let’s do this! :)

I take book pages and glue them down to the 2.5 x 3.5 area, and then search for the poem hidden within the words given. AND if nothing pops out I use the book page for some other atc background later.

I also like to take the words from Credit card junk mail. They have some of the most inspiring words.

I just took my ATC template and drew a rectangle on a page from a 1930's romance novel. Then I told myself, "I WILL FIND SOME INTERESTING WORDS WITHIN THIS RECTANGLE!" Kind of like what you did, CQ, but without gluing it down, lol. Now I just have to search for those words.

Oh, here's a picture of my second card.
View attachment 218259

E577BF93-45DD-4272-8168-C0665BE6964E.jpg

I hope I did this right, I’ve forgotten how to do everything this site in the time that I’ve been gone. Actually use to host swaps, I could do this stuff in my sleep. Now I feel like a newbie. :D

If you can see the image, is this what you’re looking for? Is it ok if the “twist” is the background like this, or do you want embellishments? Either is fine, I just want to follow the rules.

If you cannot see the image, can you tell me an easy way of adding them to my posts? Nothing I knew is coming back to me.:D

View attachment 218278

I hope I did this right, I’ve forgotten how to do everything this site in the time that I’ve been gone. Actually use to host swaps, I could do this stuff in my sleep. Now I feel like a newbie. :D

If you can see the image, is this what you’re looking for? Is it ok if the “twist” is the background like this, or do you want embellishments? Either is fine, I just want to follow the rules.

If you cannot see the image, can you tell me an easy way of adding them to my posts? Nothing I knew is coming back to me.:D
Love it! Now you can relax and breathe and have fun:rolleyes:

LilacDragon...... I love your card and I do believe, from my vantage point, it's mostly exhaustion. LOL. Glad you were able to come back to the group. I also had to take some time away. It's so nice to be back.

View attachment 218278

I LOVE THIS CARD. I have a category of Positive women cards. Beside her being exhuasted, so true, I found it to be very positve and I just love what you did with the card. I might try this idea with the woman's face.

I am inspired to get off the lurkers couch and join, if there's room. I love the cards from plumhill, rainyday and lilacdragn -- so inspiring. I struggle with found poetry as I, too, want everything to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom