Postage stamp ATCs - FLOWERS/TREES Due: Nov 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: November 20
postage for non-Australians: October 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights, I would still suggest you allow at least a month, if not 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with FLOWERS/TREES on it

MAILED NOVEMBER 21

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
Dec - Christmas Jan '21 - Birds (land or sea eg penguins) Feb - Performing Arts (musicians, dancers, singers, actors, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/emotions June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc) July - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by November 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write you USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In returns I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr
1. Haagmm - returned
2. CastleQueen5 - withdrew
3. plumhill2001 - returned
4. Cleopatra - returned
5. Betsyg - returned
6. jo.on.the.go - returned
7. Suzi - returned
8. AngelJoy - returned
9. Fandanie - received
10. Elliejaybird - returned
11. BlancoLobo - received
12. Seascape131 - returned
13. EatSleepWriteABook - returned
14. artbymee - returned
15. carolynsn - returned
16. Reinikka - returned
17. ScrapPea - received

Last edited:
Please sign me up. I will be mailing my cards today.

View attachment 218188 Echinocactus horizonthalonius (Devil's head, Turk's head, blue barrel, and eagle's claw are some of the common names)

View attachment 218189 Echinocactus coccineus (Scarlet hedgehog)

View attachment 218190 Echinocereus dasyanthus (Spiny hedgehog)

View attachment 218191 Echinocereus poselgeri (Dahlia hedgehog)

I really had to do some hunting to find out the names of these cacti!

Last edited:
And the rest...

View attachment 218192 Optunia engelmanni

View attachment 218193 Parodia scopa

View attachment 218194 Thelocactus heterochramus

I did one more cactus card and some waterlilies as well, but those are just going to go into the regular Available for Trade gallery. I was rather carried away making these plant cards, but decided to limit my swap cards to just cacti.

Last edited:
welcome back to Betsyg, jo.on.the.go and Suzi

jo.on.the.go - I LOVE your cactus cards, some of the common names are quite funny
plumhill - love the background paper you used for your cards, it really sets the stamps off, doesn't it?
Mailing dates for both of you have been noted and I will tell you when they arrive

To get a jump on the mail I completed my cards and sent them out last week. I am really enjoying playing with postage stamps!

Attachments

• 2020Postageflowerstrees.jpg
    2020Postageflowerstrees.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 26
Ready to pack up

These are ready to be mailed. I will probably get them out tomorrow, unless I need to hide out in the basement from the smell of the oven cleaning itself the rest of the evening. In which case, I will do it today.

Posting so I can follow.

Everything posted so far is lovely. I will give a super kudos to Cleopatra for the one with the mountain background. I love the theme and I love the mountain. Also Plumhill2001 - I have only seen one other triangle stamp - your is fantastic!!

betsyg - love your cards and my husband has had our oven cleaning itself today, too so I understand your wish to hide in the basement.

I don't think that I have mentioned in the last couple of swaps that I am very happy for people to tell me which stamps they really like and would want in their returns - I do my best to accommodate these requests (it generally makes my life easier to know that you are happy with returns) but some cards are popular so don't expect to get everything you ask for.

welcome to Fandanie and Elliejaybird​ - I will tell you both when your cards arrive.

Elliejaybird - I have sent you my address

welcome to Fandanie and Elliejaybird - I will tell you both when your cards arrive.

Elliejaybird - I have sent you my address

Back
Top Bottom