sigma

Formerly semga
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due Date: Thursday, December 3, 2020
Sign-up/withdraw date: November 19, 2020
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Medium: Open media (hd/hp, tangled, mixed media, collage, anything goes)
Number of players: unlimited

I am devastated by the news of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s (RBG) passing, and all I feel like doing is creating RBG cards. I have so many ideas running through my head on how I’d like to honor this brilliantly clever woman who was an icon of justice and women’s rights.

I hope you will join me in creating art to honor her memory.

Swap Rules:
1 - This swap is 3 for 3 or 6 for 6. An extra card for the host is welcome, but completely optional.
2 - Cards must be standard ATC size, 2.5”x3.5”, on sturdy paper. Each card should be shipped in a protective sleeve for protection in transit.
3 - Please submit only work that you would be happy to receive in return.
4 - On the back of the card, please include at a minimum your username, swap name, and where you're from.

Mailing:
• US participants, please send a large, clearly written address label and a forever stamp, or the amount of postage it cost you to send your cards to me. I will provide the return envelope.

• Non-US participants, please include a large, clearly written address label. I will provide the envelope. Include a well concealed dollar if you have one. If not, I will provide the return postage for you.

• Please PM me when you are ready to send your cards.

Returns:
• I will swap cards promptly when all cards arrive. Late cards will be sent back to the artist. Please contact me if there is an issue of any kind.

• When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the other players.

PLAYERS:

0 - sigma
1 - mrubyjean (arrived!)
2 - EatSleepWriteABook (arrived!)
3 - Allegrae - Withdrew
4 - nanvan - Withdrew
5 - AmySi (arrived!)
6 - Ancient Planter (arrived!)
7 - TerryHEdwards (Arrived!)
8 - Untamed Squid (arrived!)
9 - JenUrebel (arrived!)
10 -Monroy28 (arrived!)

Last edited:
Great idea! I had to make RBG-inspired art in my sketchbook last night...

Lurking while I work on cards :)

Thank you so much for hosting this swap.
RGB was an amazing person and her death is a huge loss.

I'd like to join in honoring her.

Last edited:
Yay mrubyjean!!! Thanks for joining!

Monroy28, lurk away! I hope you'll be back!

Lurk away EatSleepWriteABook! I hope you'll be back! If you google images for Notorious RGB a whole lot of fun images come up that may serve as inspiration.

I'm there with you - totally devastated at her loss. I was thinking about just such a swap, but I always prefer to get most of the cards made before I officially sign up. Count me a lurker while I mourn, worry, and get some ideas for what to do.

All lurkers welcome! I completely understand the sentiment of wanting to do her justice. Making art is what has helped me process my feelings, and I have mainly focused on my gratitude for all she has done for the women who come behind her.

Even though I live in Georgia, I just happened to be in DC on Friday for a Doctor's appointment and was able to pay respects at the Supreme Court before leaving town. It is a whole lot to process and I am grateful that I have art to help me through it.

Back
Top Bottom