Media
Swap Due Date: Due December 4, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due December 4, 2020
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome

The Year that Wasn't-2020-A Year in Review, Due December 4, 2020

RETURNS MAILED 12/08

Are you looking forward to 2020 being over (finally)?
Did you just put away your swim suit and shorts for the summer trip/vacation that never happened?
Are you out of work, out of toilet paper, out of patience?
Are you hoping for a better 2021?

Turn your hopes, wishes, even your frustrations (but these must be cute or humorous), into ATCs. Be light, be funny, be positive. Negativity NOT allowed. No soap-box ranting. Nothing racist nor political accepted.

Think about 2020.
Who would have imagined a toilet paper shortage, no hand sanitizer, paper towel and napkin stockpiling, no sports, no tailgating, no travel and the cancellation of pre-booked trips, plus baking yeast still out of stock? Make a card.

Did you see something funny, and by "funny" I mean odd. Someone was saying she saw a woman walking along the side of the road with a package of toilet paper (along with a bag of groceries) and thought how dangerous that was - for all of the wrong ridiculous reasons! Make a card.

Did you know there was a coin shortage? I thought it was a joke, but in many places one needs to purchase items with exact change, or use a credit or debit card. Plus some vendors won't accept cash. This (nation-wide coin shortage) is funny, but it is also apparently true. "They" say there is a shortage of coins to make change. (The pandemic aside, not considering the reluctance to handle money). Even some laundromats are exchanging paper money for "tokens" to run washers and driers because quarters are difficult to obtain consistently. Who would have thought?

2020 is the Year of the Face Mask.
Face Masks are worn by doctors, nurses, and health care workers.
Face Masks are required when visiting the elderly, (when one is allowed to visit the elderly).
This is the year when face masks became a fashion statement, or at least had to match one's outfit.
This is the summer it was a challenge to stop and smell the roses, particularly when the flowers were wearing masks.

And don't forget, once the pandemic really started taking hold, the mask shortage. People begin to sew their own masks, at least until there was a shortage on elastic, and folks started cutting apart old clothes to salvage the elastic. (Sounds like the Great Depression!) But then there was a shortage on white sewing thread!
Make a card. In fact, make the card move, perhaps using an assortment of interchangeable face masks.

Remember the positive window signs, the lit candles, and the teddy bears in street-facing windows, to share hope and give encouragement to others. Make a card.

How are you coping with self quarantine, isolation, staying in? Turn the situation into a Six Word Story ATC.
Or, if you have a longer story, make a card and put the story on the back of the card.
These should be fun, humorous, revealing.

Has your Muse totally left you? Fake her out by picking a memorable quote from the movie "Princess Bride" and tweaking it to reflect a COVID-19 connection. Or if you are creative, re-create the classics WITHOUT people, or the classics with people wearing masks. The Eifel Tower -- empty, or the Mona Lisa wearing a mask.
Often one's Muse gets jealous and returns!!!

Do you miss going to the theater to see the latest release and get a sugar high from Raisinetes? What movies have you been looking forward to NOT seeing? Wonder Woman 1984 anyone? The dress and the hair styles of the 80's beg to be turned into ATCs. Make a card.

Dealing with COVID has forced a lot of changes, including social distancing, wearing masks, NOT visiting grandbabies and other relatives, chapped hands from frequent washings, plus closed, or only recently re-opened, and recently re-closed restaurants and fitness centers. Fitness centers recently re-opened, and I LOVE the line about the safety steps taken to assure the health of both employees and guests, including "enough chlorine in the public pool to pickle a person."

Have your grocery stores turned their aisles into "One Way Streets" (complete with "ONE WAY ONLY" SIGNS) to ensure Social Distancing? Mine has!!! The grocery stores have been limiting the number of people in their store at any one time for months, but these "One Way Only" aisle signs are new. In addition, some of the hunting and sporting goods Venders have followed the grocery store example. Who would have imagined one-way-aisles in retail outlets? A good idea, Safe, but SCARY!!!

Are you bored? What is your favorite boredom buster? What are you cooking? What are you reading? What are you baking? Do you NOT bother to hide the chocolate? Make a card.

This swap is about some of the things that have happened in the past 12 months, as well as what 2020 has come to symbolize.....
These events will make the stories we can tell our children, the way our parents or grandparents told us about changes to their way of life in the 20's, 30's and 40's.

Were you raised on stories about Aliens coming into your home via the electricity lines, or how single party telephone lines destroyed neighborhoods and the "small town" rapport, because multiple party lines were no longer available to "share" information, (in other words, taking away all the neighborhood gossip.) Did you wear a tin foil hat to keep the X-Rays from infiltrating your brain when you watched that new-fangled and suspicious TV?

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! I do ask that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
[url]http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909[/URL]

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 15 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by December 4, 2020. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant.

*Please have your ATCs IN MY HANDS by due date. Returns will be mailed promptly. Please leave iTrader for me when you receive your returns and Reputation/You Rock for your fellow players from whom you receive cards.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

It appears I have used up all my allotted space on this post, so please check Post #3 (below) for the current participant list and updates.

Last edited:
Current Participants
The Year that Wasn't-2020-A Year in Review, Due December 4, 2020

*/. lazyshadows -- WITHDREW
*/. Sigma -- WITHDREW
*/. ceejay -- WITHDREW
*/. Donnacr -- WITHDREW * AUSTRALIA
rn1. samaranavi -- Cards Received 11/19 * CANADA
rn2. EatSleepWriteABook -- Cards Received 11/02 * CANADA
rn3. LuAnnP -- Cards Received 11/13
/. Ikcimerk
4. californiamusicjunkie -- Cards Received 11/17
*5. Boots -- Cards Received 11/13
*6. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 11/13

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Vicki Genius idea!!! lurking....you know me, i like to do them before joining. but this is on my serious list.

Welcome lazyshadows.
I see you are from Greece.
Please mail your ATCs early.
International mail takes 2-3 WEEKS to reach me.

Lurkers always welcome, Monroy28.
Hope you can join in.

Last edited:
I have a wonderful collection of Covid colour cuts created by my online craft store and toilet paper flair buttons - please sign me up.

I have a wonderful collection of Covid colour cuts created by my online craft store and toilet paper flair buttons - please sign me up.

A Collection of Covid Colour Craft Cuts !!!!!!:eek: :jiggy:

AND

TP Flair Buttons

WOW :twitcy:

P.S. I signed you up!!!
Can't wait to see what you create. :wub:

Lock Downs, Shut Ins, Staying Home, Being Bored,

Are you bored?
The drudgery of this pandemic drags on. The isolation gets tiring, and restaurants, fitness centers, and theaters being closed makes one feel so isolated and alone with NOTHING to do.
Are you dreaming of going to a restaurant or the local bar?
Are you tired of being quarantined, or isolated?

Yesterday's paper had an article titled "Let's Fly to Nowhere".
The article states that almost two-thirds of American say they would to interested in taking a "Flight to Nowhere"
just to get out of the house, and do something. :eek:

One gets onto a plane with no destination, flying for several hours and returning to the same airport.
No food, no drinks, no movies, no free peanuts.
But, it is air conditioned, frequent air exchange via air conditioning, closed company, virus free, and "safe".
Australia's Quantas recently offered such a flight, and it sold out in 10 minutes.
Cost is $260 on average.

I'm NOT quite that bored, YET!!!!!!!

Last edited:
2020 is the Year of the Face Mask.

Face Masks are worn by doctors, nurses, and health care workers.
Face Masks are required when visiting the elderly, (when one is allowed to visit the elderly).
This is the year when face masks became a fashion statement, or at least had to match one's outfit.
This is the summer when it was hard to stop and smell the roses, particularly when the flowers also were wearing masks.
Make a card.
In fact, make the card move, perhaps using an assortment of interchangeable face masks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom