The Year that Wasn't-2020-A Year in Review, Due December 4, 2020

The Amabie,
A year ago very few people, outside of Japan, or individuals without Japanese friends or family, had never heard of the Amabie.

In early 2020y, the internet was filled with images of, and stories about, the Amabie, a Japanese Yokai that is said to ward off epidemics. According to a legend from the 1800s, the Amabie appeared off the coast of Kumamoto, Japan, in the form of a mermaid-type creature with 3 tails, or three tail fins, or 3 legs, a beak, and long hair. The amabie, a yokai (Japanese folklore spirit), told the people that they would have bountiful crops. As the Amabie returned to the sea, it said "If an epidemic occurs, draw a picture of me and show it to everyone."

In the current pandemic, many artists have re-introduced images of the Amabie. The Japanese government has recently adopted the Amabie in some of their anti-Covid-19 campaigns.
You could make an AC of your version of an Amabie, even if you don't believe the legend!

Last edited:
Welcome Boots
I signed you up.

Cute Halloween skeleton candy shute project, Linda4atc.
I like the way they included their "mistakes".

Last edited:
I'm going to be a perky lurky for a bit and see what I can come up with. For me, personally, this year was supposed to be a time for me to focus on my art and writing. Well, it turns out that actually happened - thanks to C19. I was done with 2019 at about this time a year ago.

I always love your swaps, Vicki!

I am so happy for you that you had time to focus on your art and writing.
That on line course you mentioned earlier sounded AWESOME.

Lurkers always welcome.
Hope you can come back and join us.

Coronavirus in Six Words ROCKED!!!

I took part is the "Six-Word" swap and it was SO much fun. I was thinking of six-word stories for WEEKS!

With this type of subject it is especially fun to follow the comments on "the board." So many clever people sharing their ideas.

Some of the "new normal" associated with Coronavirus can be summed up in "Six Word Stories"
Castlequeen5 ran a similar swap back at the beginning of the pandemic, called "Coronavirus-My-Life-in-6-Words", and the cards created were fantastic.
Here is the link to her earlier swap, if you need inspiration to make your own Six Word Stories.

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?37130-Coronavirus-My-life-in-6-words-OPEN-Media-Due-May-18th-2020

I took part is the "Six-Word" swap and it was SO much fun. I was thinking of six-word stories for WEEKS!

With this type of subject it is especially fun to follow the comments on "the board." So many clever people sharing their ideas.

GREAT idea...using "the board"!
Thanks for sharing!

10/22/2020
My cards are in the mail! Fingers crossed they don't take too long to reach you from Canada. Other swaps are averaging 3 weeks.

Cards received from EatSleepWriteABook.
There was no postmark on the envelope, but from the date you posted that your cards were in the mail, it appears that it only took TWO weeks to get to me from Canada.
YIPPEEEE!!!!!!

Thank you for including a hostie card.

Last edited:
I have put my cards in the mail....

I THOUGHT I posted these earlier this week but I don't see them now. Probably took a screenshot and forgot to hit the "Submit Reply" button. (again....):unsure:

So I will try again. The first card is a little hard to read at this scale, but my Instagram folder names are "Mask Memes" and "TP Memes" and "2020 Jokes" and "Heroes."

1_538_2020_instagram.JPG

There is an image of the card with the drawers closed, but I can NOT get it to post correctly. It's been a weird week for me on ATCsFA.... I got an error message when I tried to post two images on Tuesday morning. Then I came back in the afternoon and ONE image was in my gallery. Tried again and things LOOK okay in the gallery, but I can't link to the second picture here. (I know the perils of LuAnnP is not a fascinating addition to this post....but has anyone else gotten an error message when loading pictures????)
2_sm539_b.JPG

And finally.... I really DO feel this way....

1_sm540.JPG
. *
1_sm540b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom