Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Twelve Days of Christmas ~ Due December 30th

xstitcher is offline Please do not disturb, I am disturbed enough already!
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope mine are there! I am starting to get discouraged. I have never had cards take this long to get somewhere. Starting to feel like all my hard work was for nothing.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kehlenn your cards are here! Very very pretty! Thank you so much for the extra special hostie too!

It’s so strange I picked up my held mail this morning and there were four envelopes of returns in it. I was so excited and thought for sure that everyone’s cards were here but (other than Kehlenn’s) all three other cards envelopes were for my Word of the Year swap. They are slowly trickling in. Let’s wait and see what today’s mail brings. I sure hope all your hard work wasn’t wasted xstitcher and I really don’t think that it is but I’m surprised that cards that were mailed much later have been coming straight through. I did not even start my word of the year swap until much later.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the message about the cards arriving so whew!

4. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great news about Kehlenn's cards arriving!!!! And about the other cards. I'm beginning to seriously wonder if my cards (and possibly the other cards) are hiding out in Maryland or Oklahoma or Hawaii or any place that isn't your address or our address. Hmmmm.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taking a little vacation perhaps.... no new sets in this afternoon’s mail.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    When we are added the grace period there were still 7 sets out and 4 of them have arrived so that’s a positive. Still that leaves 3 treasured sets remaining. I’ll email Carole after today’s mail arrives (if still needed) to see how much further we can extend. I’m thinking we should be able to wait until at least the 27th. ( That’s 2 weeks past my ‘mail by’ date. Also, I’m playing in this swap myself, and many generous players made extra cards as gifts for me, so even if I have to swap what’s here currently I’ll still have several cards to swap with late arrivals. I’ll update after today’s mail has arrived and I hear back from Carole. Fair enough?
    Last edited by Marie; 01-23-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough! I sure hope the last two arrive today. When you are swapping out, if you need extra cards of a specific day/gift, I would be glad to make up one or two if you let me know....of course now we’re talking about more mail time, I just realized that!
    Now Hosting: RAINBOWS ATC Swap

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha! Oy! That’s so sweet of you CiCi! This mail thing is a so odd!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mails here! Okay so there were actually still 3 sets still missing ( I corrected my post above)... and the GOOD NEWS is that 2 of them arrived in today’s mail! Yippie! One was postmarked December 24th, the other bore no postmark and was hand-cancelled. So Kristin Emily your cards definitely traveled a full 30 days! Wow! From New Hampshire to Maryland is just not that far. Your cards are beautiful :-) Thank you very much for the hostess gift as well!

TrinaLD your gorgeous cards are here as well! They have such a lovely layered look! I love them all, and especially your colly birds with tin can phones! I just stinking LOVE word play, and that card rocks it!

Now let’s all cross our fingers, legs and even eyes for xstitcher’s set to arrive so we can all admire them and swap out!
    *X*

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still don’t mind waiting, however long it takes! Hoping the missing set shows up on Monday! Fingers, and everything else crossed here!

12. Likes Marie, plumhill2001 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, no problem waiting!
    "And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span? If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?" Luke 12:25, 26

14. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!!!!!!! I'm so glad that they finally arrived. Thank you so much for the update!

I also don't mind waiting. I'm glad you enjoyed the calling birds. I also, if it comes to it, would be happy to make some extra cards.

16. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all are so awesome.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I have ever had cards go missing for a swap. And it would have to be a 12 card one for the 1st time!!

Glad most of the cards are there. I just wonder where mine decided to travel? If cards between New Hampshire and Maryland take a month I can't imagine how long mine from Missouri would take. On the other hand, cards from California beat mine there!

There is a box outside the post office but I always go in the building and use the slot to make sure the postal folks get it. So I know at least one person handled them.

Of course I am good with waiting as long as you can, I just hate holding everyone else up.

Here's keeping everything crossed they make it in time.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you xstitcher.... some mail is racing through, and some is moving slowly. There doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to it. I got submissions for WOTY today... but nothing for this swap. :-/

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same story here in Missouri!! Some quick, some slow.

Will keep thinking they will get there. Then I will only have to worry about 12 new ones finding their way back to me.

Thanks again for waiting everyone.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope and believe they’ll return to you more quickly because several things that were slowing them ( ie mail in ballots, Christmas cards and gifts etc ) have passed now. Sounds right, yes?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay... I’ll be swapping and mailing by January 30. That’s the farthest we can extend which is actually pretty generous and still gives us a few days. Hopefully all cards will be here by then. Fingers crossed.

23. Likes EatSleepWriteABook liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I hope and believe they’ll return to you more quickly because several things that were slowing them ( ie mail in ballots, Christmas cards and gifts etc ) have passed now. Sounds right, yes?
    Yes it does.

I hope I get to find out how much faster they travel west!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I got submissions today but they were for my WOTY swap. Just lovely cards, but not the ones we’ve been hoping for here. We still have a few days though, so hang in there. I’m also working busily on something special...