The Twelve Days of Christmas ~ Due December 30th

Thank you CiCiCreates! Thought I might need to remake 5 with rings for fingers, but snowpeople don’t have fingers.... I also considered juggling rings....

Welcome luckycat479 and EatSleepWriteABook! So pleased that you’ve both come to play. I’ll put your names on the list right now.

Oh Marie - I don't typically love Christmas themed stuff but this one is fun! I need to lurk for now but this may just be the one thing I commit to for this winter.

Hi Melissa! This swap IS fun! I’m so excited that you might be joining us. ;) Enjoy your lurk time and jump in whenever!

Marie, I have looked on Pinterest to get some inspiration for my images, and I discovered in some instances that the 9th day (ladies dancing) and the tenth day (lords a-leaping) are switched. If all players follow your list, we will all be “on the same page”. Just wondered if you saw this when you checked on google, Pinterest, or wherever.

I had noticed that. According to Wikipedia “ The gifts associated with the final four days are often reordered. For example, the pipers may be on the ninth day rather than the eleventh.[8]” Also, interesting to note, the four ‘calling’ birds were originally ‘colly’ birds...meaning black birds. The whole evolution of the song is quite interesting. And no wonder! It’s hard to remember such a long and complex list. Haha!

But yes, if we all use the listed sequence we’ll be fine. :)

Of course I didn’t find out about colly birds until I’d already made them Blue... hehe. Stuff like this just fascinates me. How our language ( and songs or phrases) morph over time.

I agree, that’s so fascinating!.....I made mine blue too. Now I’m compelled to look at my Pinterest board on the Twelve Days and see if there are any real colly birds (colored black).

Back
Top Bottom