Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Envie Addicts Unite! November

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope everyone's doing well. We've had, as it seems we have had since January 2, another health thing over here. All's well now and I hope it stays that way. I think we're having macaroni and cheese for Thanksgiving. Seriously, I'd just like to make some chicken cilantro won ton soup with veggies and call it a day, but I'm cooking for hubby.

This will be the first time in over 20 years that we haven't spent Thanksgiving with our good friend. He used to bring the turkey, I'd cook it, and he'd join us and we'd all eat and talk. Then, several years ago, he began treating me and the hubby to a lovely dinner on the Delta King. He was ready to do the same this year, but I told him that we just couldn't have the holiday together this year. As it is, the Delta King had to move meals outside again, so there's that.

I am finishing up the envie for my partner and will get it in the mail by tomorrow at the very latest.

My weekends are filled with art these days as I've been travelling to various places and this week to the Big Apple (all virtually, of course) for sketching and drawing and painting and the best live contact I can have with other people at this time. It's nice to see the same people and learn a bit about them.

One of the regulars is currently in New Zealand (her hubby's a citizen and her daughter lives there and just had a baby). They are in mandatory quarantine in a nice hotel. Their food is packaged and is delivered to the outside of their door. Everyone has a 40 minute exercise period outside. She showed a picture out of her hotel window. It was kind of strange to see a fenced yard with these people walking the perimeter. It took me back to P.E. class in school or college when we had to walk or run around the perimeter of the gym or yard.

Well, that's my story and update. I love seeing all of the wonderful envies here and am so glad to be here.

Happy Friday!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear that everything is good on the health front...Dinner on the Delta King sounds so fun. I've never done that yet. Sorry that you'll have to miss it this year. Better safe than sorry though <3 Sorta wish that all I was making was mac and cheese. I had planned on making the bird, but my husband wants ham too or instead...gah...so now I'm making both...plus the stuffing...pies..mash potatoes...gravy and brussel sprouts. Usually my mom and I would tackle this together...but yeah...distancing. Now it just feels like a full days work on a day off. Sorry also for complaining...I suppose I should be thankful that I am not alone...I've got the kids and hubby.

Your friends in quarantine can at least look on the bright side...watch all the tv you want...and someone just brings you your meals. Gotta stay positive

...and thank goodness for the internet...because imagine social distancing without it!! Glad that you get to "travel" to all of your art classes dearest!
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Envie Addicts Unite! November
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else having some holiday challenges?
    If I haven't said thank you for a kind comment, please know that they are very much appreciated.
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

LindyLu is offline I'm tired but I keep chugging along:)
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. Well, throughout this Covid mess I have had 1 person to visit with & that's my friend Kitty. She is the one who gave me shelter for 2 months while I looked for a new home. Anyway, she never goes anywhere & neither do I so we have been able to come & go to each others homes. It has been a real blessing during these difficult times. We are doing Thanksgiving at her house. Just she & I and a nice piece of grilled salmon. I will be making pumpkin pie but that's about as close to Thanksgiving as the menu will get.

As for art, I am working on a family journal with photos, artwork, stories, etc. I've been talking about doing this for 10 years & now I'm actually getting to it. So far I have opened the journal & looked at the blank pages.... for the past 3 days. Ah, progress.
    LindyLu
    We Will Rise Above This !

5. Likes theweavershand, kwailin777 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received a very cool envie from my partner, Nicky, and mailed mine off to her this week.

7. Thanks Nicky thanked this post
    Likes Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fandanie - I'm sorry, I'm only mailing your envie today. I've been horribly sick with a stomach condition and it's really taken the zing out of me. I don't think I'll be able to play in December after all. I hope it gets to you safely.
    Cecile

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you feel better soon Cecile <3

Windylu, your Thanksgiving plans sounds so relaxing. Hope you and Kitty have a great time! Thank God for friends!

I know that feeling of wanting to do this great big project that looks so good in our imagination...but have no idea where or how to start. Hopefully once you do start, you'll take off running
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, you are saying you're three days behind...I'm catching up on bday Envies...I'm several months behind! LOL! So Trina and Nicky...it's on the way...and to our current bday babe...on the way too
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

11. Likes Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    2020-11 Graffiti wall for Theweavershand.jpg So good that it reached you Amy. Here's the envie that I did for her.
    Seeya , Nicky

13. Thanks theweavershand thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cecile, I hope you quickly feel better. I know how debilitating that can be. I occasionally suffer with diverticulitis. It's the pits. Take care of yourself and rest as often as you can. Hope you an enjoy Thanksgiving, all things considered. I'll be thinking of you and keep you in my prayers.

15. Likes Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nicky, I SO dig that Envie! I'll get 'er pinned up!
    Instagram
    A Mynah Production Blog

17. Thanks Nicky thanked this post
    nanner is offline Trust in your wings and they'll make you fly.
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    2020-11 Graffiti wall for Theweavershand.jpg So good that it reached you Amy. Here's the envie that I did for her.
    Nicky, that is SO COOL!
    My Instagram: #lifeofnanner

19. Thanks Nicky thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mel, I'm actually only cooking a turkey breast and some baked potatoes (I like those items). Hubby likes these stupid yams and stuffing and gravy. He's going to make his own stuffing from a box, might have to make his own stupid yams, and he can use the gravy from a jar. I'd rather be working on art.

Delta King has been fun, but I'm actually going to miss spending the day with our friend. Hubby's coming down to pick up and take out the food because I don't want any chance that he could get sick. I'm stuck with allergies or whathaveyou again.

LindyLu, you have your pod and I wish you a very, very Happy Thanksgiving.

Great envies everyone.

Cecileb, I hope you feel better soon. Funny thing is that I've always gotten sick right around Thanksgiving, usually allergies or an upset tummy. This year, it's just me on crutches with allergies. Take good care of yourself.

21. Likes Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, I received a lovely envie from my partner - Carolyn. Like others, I'm running a bit behind so I'll be leaving feedback shortly. I finally mailed her card on Monday and hope it arrives soon.

Mel, take some nice deep breaths, do some yoga stretches, take a nap, and know how much your efforts will mean. Much love to you for all you do!

23. Likes Nicky liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Received a lovely pumpkin envie from my partner Theweavershand... such a colorful delight in my mailbox and on the envie-line in my livingroom
    Seeya , Nicky

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting worried that my partner hasn't received yet...