Penguins, Penguins & Penguins - Due Dec 31, 2020

VERY INTERESTING FACTS ! !
Dead Penguins - I never knew this!
Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica ?
Where do they go?
Wonder no more ! ! !
It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life. The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintain a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.
If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into, and buried.
The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:
scroll down
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."
"Freeze a jolly good fellow."

LOLOLOL!

Penguins are pretty interesting critters - I can't wait to see one in the wild as opposed to a zoo/aquarium.

More fun facts from the interwebs...lol!

* The average life expectancy of penguins is 15 to 20 years.

* Penguins are monogamous, so they are really grieved at the deaths of their mates.

Penguins are very picky in choosing their mates. They are very specific in selecting the right mate. There are many breeding pairs who have been faithful to each other for many years.

* Do penguins ever find their love again?
Of course, penguins fall in love only once in a lifetime and cannot find their love again. But penguin widows have to look forward.

* Do penguins mourn?
Yes, they do. On the death of their beloved ones, penguins show intense feelings of grief and extremely depressive behaviors. A lot of penguins gather in the form of groups and then bow sadly at the same time.

Last edited:
Penguins and penguins and penguins, OH MY!

When I logged on this morning, I saw the gorgeous watercolor cards by jo.on.the.go.
In the time it took me to upload my cards, two more posts appeared.

WOW!
MORE lovely cards from artbyme.
And darling mixed media cards from carolynsn.

I am getting really excited about this swap!

For my first two cards, I drew the same little penguin using different papers. I posted them to the gallery. Once more I am having trouble posting links to each image, so only one is showing up here. (At this resolution, they look pretty much the same anyway.)

1_sm_448.JPG

1_sm_549.JPG

If you'd like to see them both, at a higher resolution, I also posted them on my blog:

https://pepperwoodatcs.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/paper-or-yupo/

The next two penguins....

Well, I really like to post my images in the gallery as a group, but I'm finding it easier to link to them if I post them separately. The final two penguins follow the same concept of "the same image, done differently." This time I used acrylics on canvas and changed up the background.

Presenting Vince and Vance:
(I always give my animals names. More fun than "Penguin #3" and "Penguin #4")

1_sm547.jpg

2_sm550.jpg

All four cards have been mailed.

Just for the information of those wanting more penguin cards - For this swap I painted 11 different penguin cards. OrigamiGrace picked the ones for me to include for this swap. The other cards are available (or will be available in the next few days) for trading. See my "Available to Trade" gallery.

Back
Top Bottom