pancake machine

The Dude abides
Staff member
Super Mod
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap Due Date: January 15th, 2021
Withdrawal deadline: Strongly prefer that you don't, but please communicate!
Number of Cards: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 12

I will send you a set of 12-13 vintage paper doll clothes from the 60s/70s. With these you will make 3 cards to swap out. I'll tell the origins of this swap in the next post.

If you decide to join, here are the sets you can choose from. All of the sets come with a doll, but one comes with just a dog. Note that these are vintage and were used & loved. There are a few tears, creases, and tape damage. Not lots, but you'll find them.

If you join, tell me which set you want. Some funky velvet texture on some. Historic, oddly colored, etc. If a set is greyed out, then it has already been taken.

My cards for the swap, as examples:
1_20201107_185509_copy_863x1245.jpg 1_20201107_185536_copy_863x1283.jpg 1_20201107_185434_copy_863x1189.jpg 1_20200208_090044_copy_1033x1443.jpg

Swap Requirements ~
1. Each card must use some of the paper doll clothes or dolls sent. They don't necessarily have to stay in clothing shape. Please don't swap out other paper doll clothes.
2. All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
3. This swap is 3 for 3. An extra card for the host is greatly appreciated, but completely optional. If you send a host card based on the swap parameters, that would be most awesome and will be part of the gift to my sister.

Other stuff

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – A mailing label and stamp.
* International Participants - Please send a clearly-addressed envelope or mailing label and I will cover postage.
*Late cards past a day or so will be returned barring extenuating circumstances.

*When you receive your returns, please leave I-Trader for your swap host and rep points for the artists of the cards you receive. Also, in your rep points, naming which card you received is nice, since people like to know where their artworks end up.

Players:
1. Miss (set 9- Dale) - complete
2. CiciCreates (set 12 - Dawn)- complete
3. Essy (set 2 - Betsy) - complete!
4. Aaeshelman (set 6 - Carolyn)- received
5. Elliejaybird - (set 5 - Heart)- complete
6. JavaZarf - (set 10 - Angie)
7. Bluebird - (set 1 - Dolly)- received
8. Betsyg - (set 11 - Allen) complete
9. dnewton972 - (set 4 - John) - clothes lost in mail/ withdrawn.
10. Rainey Day - (set 3 - Tom) - complete
11. Alice K.- (set 7 Glori)
12. mrubyjean - (set 8 - dog) complete

Last edited:
Origins.

First off - tip of the hat to JavaZarf for this suggestion to run this as a swap.

All of the paper dolls and clothes that I have are my sister's. They are from the 60s/70s and she used to play with them quite a bit. I played with her sometimes too. I think when she was babysitting me she would sometimes pull them out. (And the barbies, but I was a terror to those)

Anyway, fast forward to adulthood. I have two daughters and she gave me her old paper dolls. The girls played with them a few times, maybe half a dozen at most, but unlike some other old toys, these never had much appeal. So they've been sitting in my art hutch for ages. My sister doesn't want the paper dolls back, so I could either use them in art or I could recycle them.

I made a card and Java commented that this could make a swap. It got me thinking that I can share all of these clothes with different artists on here and make a fine little swap. I'll take my returns and frame them and give them to my sister. (Notice I made 4 cards; I'll only swap out 3 and one I will give to my sister.)

Last edited:
What an awesome swap idea! Can I be the first to join, and claim "Set 9 Dale"?

just to clarify - for each card we use at least one piece of clothing or the doll?

can we alter the clothing a little if it won't fit on the card?
if we want to dress the doll, can we xerox the doll and make copies?

not saying i want to do either, and probably should have waited to ask after i get the paper doll.

okay! I've got JavaZarf, Bluebird, Betsyg, & Dnewton972 listed. I'll get the sets squared away when I get home from work.

One thing about running swaps is it is so cool to see how people bring new interpretations and questions in that you didn't even think of!

To Javazarf's questions.
Yes - each card should feature at least one piece of doll clothing, or the doll if you are so inclined. You should get enough clothing that you'll have left overs that you can keep. You don't have to use the doll at all if you don't want to. (None of my examples use a doll).

Yes - you'll have to alter clothing. It can't be helped. Most pieces are just too big and you'll have to at the very least crop. In other cases, the dolls do have some wear. If you look at my Georgina card, I added fabric to the puffy sleeves to hide all the crinkling. (This dress was the most damaged, but others will definitely have wear. You can highlight the damage or disguise as you see fit.)

Dressing the doll... um. sure! why not. As long as the card has one original element; either the doll itself or the piece of clothing, I'm fine with additional elements.

Does this help?

Back
Top Bottom