Postage stamp ATCs - BIRDS Due: January 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: January 20
postage for non-Australians: December 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights, I would still suggest you allow at least a month, if not 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with a BIRD(s) on it. They can be land or sea birds eg penguins

​RETURNS MAILED Jan 26

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
Feb - Performing Arts (musicians, dancers, singers, actors, etc) Mar - Art (artists, pictures of Art - Classical, native, retro, etc) Apr - Sport (playing sport, sports equipment, Olympics, etc) May - Celebrations/emotions June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc) July - Household items/ food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up or you can't get Rep points.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by January 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to $3.20 so I must ask for a well hidden US $2 or a Global Forever stamp.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr
1. Haagmm - returned
2. jo-on-the-go - returned
3. Suzi - returned
4. AngelJoy - returned
5. carolynsn - returned
6. Betsyg - returned
7. Elliejaybird - returned
8. VickiZ - returned
9. Fandanie - received
10. artbymee - returned
11. Cleopatra - returned
12. plumhill2001 - returned
13. Seascape131 - returned
14. willowh - returned
15. BlancoLobo - received
16. pithier - received
17. miss - returned
18. Reinikka - returned
19. samaranavi - received

Last edited:
Lurking. I have a pile of bird postage stamps and need to do something with them. If I can get them done in the next week I'll jump in. With Christmas and mail slowdowns, I want to make sure they arrive. :)

My next two

View attachment 219279
Blue Jay
Blue Jays are known to take and eat eggs and nestlings of other birds.
For this reason I dislike them, but the Blue Jay may also symbolize protection and fearlessness.
And they are striking with their blue and white plumage.
.....Three Postage Stamps

View attachment 219280
Cardinal (Symbology)
A cardinal is a representative of a loved one who has passed. When you see one, it means they are visiting you. They usually show up when you most need them or miss them. They also make an appearance during times of celebration as well as despair to let you know they will always be with you. They are often associated with Christmas.
.....Two Postage Stamps
.....Glitter Glue on Branches

Vicki, your Hello card is so cute! My second fave would be the blue jays. I like how you perched them on the branches. I have some that like to steal the cats' food. I can't get over how gorgeous their blue feathers are!

Back
Top Bottom