Vintage/Victorian Valentines, Due February 5, 2021

AWESOME cards received from TerryHEdwards, angelmuz, and huddlestonmollie.

Don't be alarmed if you mailed your cards in the last few days, and they have not arrived.
Don't panic if your cards do not reach me in 3-4 days.
That was PRE-COVID mail transit timing, which does NOT work these days.
Just so you know, POST-COVID, mail is taking about a week to reach me, within the U.S., and this is the "new" normal mail transit time. International mail is taking 2-3 weeks.

I mailed mine on January 9th... I am really worried you have yet to receive them!

Sorry, CMontalvo,
I just returned from the post office, and your envy was not there.

Mail is taking longer these days.
Two weeks seems to be plenty of time, but it is not totally unusual for mail to take this long.
I will check again tomorrow.
I will let you know, hopefully, they will arrive tomorrow

Vicki Z, I finished some valentines - lace and ribbons and vintage cuties. I'll mail these tomorrow and will just hope they arrive in time. If not, you have extra valentines! So please sign me up!

Welcome TrinaLD.
I signed you up.

Your cards have a week to get here, and mail from California seems to be moving well.
I am certain they will arrive on time.

Looking forward to your lace and ribbons and vintage cuties.
I will let you know when your cards arrive.

I'm so glad you found your muse!

Last edited:
Thanks, Vicki. If they make it, they do. If not, goodies for you. As long as they don't end up in some unknown lost hole!

I was otterly in love with the vintage cards. I had more challenges with the lace and ribbons. There are 4 total.

Muse was released after tackling all that mail I told you about. Well, that and the huge storm we had out here that had winds blowing steadily at over 40 mph most of the day and all night. Gives a person a lot of time to think!

AWESOME cards received from CMontalvo.
Your cards are lovely.
Good thinking outside the box, since your printer wasn't working.
These all have a very Victorian feel to them.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card.

Mailed my cards on 1/16 along with snarky swap cards. Envelope for this swap arrived back at my house on Saturday. What is going on with the mail? I am so disappointed and also stunned at this situation. I will have to withdraw. I'll save them for next year's swap. Along with this envelope I also received two Christmas cards. One mailed at end of November in Arizona and one mailed 12/08 in California. This sucks !!!

Mailed my cards on 1/16 along with snarky swap cards. Envelope for this swap arrived back at my house on Saturday. What is going on with the mail? I am so disappointed and also stunned at this situation. I will have to withdraw. I'll save them for next year's swap. Along with this envelope I also received two Christmas cards. One mailed at end of November in Arizona and one mailed 12/08 in California. This sucks !!!

That certainly does suck!!!!!
I will withdraw you. from the Vintage/Victorian Swap.
Sorry to lose you, but you now have your cards already created for next year.
Thanks so much for letting me know.

Fandanie,

I've had the same thing happen to me. For several years now, I receive at least one Christmas card back with a yellow tape saying something about being undeliverable. I double check the address and have contacted my friends who have definitely not moved.

Over at another swap, the hostess still hasn't received a set that was mailed in mid December.

And I recently had a set returned to me with the same note as above.

I'm sorry this happened and I do love my USPS but I really hope they can get things fixed up. Soon!

AWESOME cards received from Deb2015 and TrinaLD.
Thanks to each of you for including a hostie card.

All the cards are here, so I have been sorting out.
These will be in the mail shortly.

Last edited:
Returns are in the mail.
Everything got sorted, and returns went into the mail this morning.

This has been an AWESOME SWAP with gorgeous Valentines coming in.
Thanks to one and all for participating.

Back
Top Bottom