ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Swap Due Date: February 1, 2021
Withdraw by date: no deadline, just communicate please
Number of Items: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants: unlimited
Media: Any media is welcome – no stickers please

I did this swap over the new year for the last 2 years and really enjoyed it. I hope some of you who played before will join again and I hope some new players join as well!!

This swap is centered on trying a new style, a new technique, or a new product. Be brave! The little change to this swap for 2021 is that we are creating backgrounds using something new to us. Then in your returns you will get background cards that will hopefully be different that what you would typically use or create as a background. So it’s a double for the “try something new” adventure.

As adults, we don’t try new things or challenge ourselves as much as we did when we were children. I bet that most of this is due to past failure, worry or insecurities. Kids are always trying different ways to figure things out, making new projects, developing new skills – there are no excuses and minimal limitations in their eyes. This swap will be a no-judgement zone.

Some possibly new techniques are shaving cream marbling, paint pouring, nail polish dip marbling, blending watercolors, watercolor with salt or alcohol, or crayola resist. Some new products I’ve tried recently are alcohol inks, puffy fabric paint (not totally new to me but new to ATC art), heavy body acrylic paints and acrylics with thickener. I still have pouring medium that I haven’t used and recently ‘inherited’ a set of gouache paint that I haven’t tried.

All mediums and techniques are welcome. Send in your best work, something you would be excited to receive if I sent it to you.

All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” X 3.5” and sturdy. No shaped cards for this swap. Please don’t send flimsy cards that are just a sheet of paper. Back your ATC on heavy cardstock or paperboard (such as a cereal or tissue box).

Cards need to be sent in a plastic sleeve for their protection.

Please include at least the Swap name, your Username, your real name and location and the style, technique or product on the back of each card.

US participants, please enclose a SASE for your returns with one forever stamp on it. International participants: please enclose an envelope with your name and address clearly printed on it and a well concealed US Dollar Bill, an International Forever Stamp or I have Venmo.

When your cards are ready to mail, send me a PM for my address. I moved this year so please make sure you have the new address. Please mail your cards early so that they will arrive by the deadline.

When you receive your returns, please leave “you rock” points for the artists whose cards you received, and if you feel that I’ve done a good job as a host, please leave an iTrader for me (haagmm).

So, who wants to try something new?

1. luckycat479 -cards rec'd 1/19
2. CastleQueen5 - cards rec'd 1/9
3. RaineyDay - cards rec'd 12/30
5. jo.on.the.go -cards rec'd 12/17
6. Elliejaybird - cards rec'd 12/30
7. dnewton972 - cards rec'd 12/30
8. artbymee - cards rec'd 12/30
9. Chimerix - cards rec'd 1/6
10. Donnacr -cards rec'd 1/29
11. LuAnnP - cards rec'd 1/9
12. Nonna - cards rec'd 1/27
13. OrigamiGrace -cards rec'd 1/5
14. Ikcimerk -cards rec'd 1/19
16. carolynsn - cards rec'd 1/11
17. Carol - cards rec'd 1/19
18. Kehlenn -cards rec'd 1/11
19. shoreart
20. ucallmekat - cards rec'd 1/11
21. TerryHEdwards -cards rec'd 1/19
22. Majanga - cards rec'd 1/28

Last edited:
So we are basically creating just the background? Just to be sure I understand.....

Welcome! I'm excited to see some experimentations and new experienced. Please feel free to post all along your process. We can all learn and get inspiration from each other.

Over in another swap, we are chatting about using Acetate and printing from a good printer. I am going to try to head to Hobby Lobby one day this week and use a 40% off coupon and buy some sheets and print on it.

Plus I plan to do what Jo.on.the.go, but using my new pearl alcohol inks. They have the metallic shiny in them already.

Hey, even bought and used the TIM holtz alcohol ink container to keep my inks more organized. BTW< I have a few slots left in this device. Might need to buy more. YEP pretty sure, I need more.

Welcome elliejaybird and dnewton972. I'm glad you joined us.

majanga - feel free to lurk here but I do hope you'll try something new!!

I did find some images, that I want to try on the acetate sheets, in my printer.

I am not sure when I will get started. I am concerned about the outcome. I am a do it right person, not do it fast. (both are acceptable types), So it takes me longer to get started.

Back
Top Bottom