Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Double Try Something New! Due Februay 1, 2021

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't paying attention to the calendar. 3 weeks from yesterday until the swap due date. I hope everyone is having fun with experimenting!
    Melissa

I have moved! Donít send to the Rutland address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    Three sets arrived in my mailbox this afternoon! ucallmekat, carolynsn and kehlenn - your beautiful backgrounds are here!
    Just a little nudge...you got my cards but didn't update the received list Don't want to be thought of as delinquent!

3. Likes CastleQueen5, Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, something strange happened. I mailed out my cards and the post office returned the envelope to me this past Saturday. I've run into this problem with a few holiday cards I sent out as well. Because the time is very close and the mail has been extraordinarily slow, I'm going to withdraw since I can't guarantee my cards will arrive in time.

5. Thanks Haagmm thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopping off the lurker's couch. Please sign me up. I've got some cards drying that should be ready to go out today.

7. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK...sorry to have been absent. We decided at the last minute to have a little travel for the long weekend and then work has been crazy (perhaps I've taken too many days off)

In the last few days I received cards from ikcimerk, TerryHEdwards, Luckycat479 and Carol.

TrinaLD -I am sorry to see you withdraw but I understand. I've had cards bounce back to me before - once without any understandable reason. I hope you enjoyed trying something new and will be able to use your backgrounds on some awesome cards soon!
    Melissa

9. Likes TerryHEdwards liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also - All players
    If there are any specific cards that have caught your eye and you would just LOVE to get your hands on, please let me know!!
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are my cards. I'm hoping they arrive to you in time!

For these I used bleach to paint on variously colored papers, and then embellished with markers. It was a bit of an experiment. The bleach had no effect at all on some of the paper scraps I tried, and it was also interesting to see what colors resulted from the ones which did bleach.

20210119_134237.jpg

12. Likes Haagmm, CastleQueen5, carolynsn liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by majanga View Post
    Here are my cards. I'm hoping they arrive to you in time!

For these I used bleach to paint on variously colored papers, and then embellished with markers. It was a bit of an experiment. The bleach had no effect at all on some of the paper scraps I tried, and it was also interesting to see what colors resulted from the ones which did bleach.

20210119_134237.jpg
    Your cards look great!! Did the fumes from the bleach bother you at all? I might try that technique if it's not overwhelming! I can't wait to see your cards in real life. They should be here in plenty of time. Most envelopes are only taking 5 days to arrive at the longest.
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Snail Mail Announcement:
    The due date is in 10 days. I think our mail locally is recovered from the holidays but some areas may not be.
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    Your cards look great!! Did the fumes from the bleach bother you at all? I might try that technique if it's not overwhelming! I can't wait to see your cards in real life. They should be here in plenty of time. Most envelopes are only taking 5 days to arrive at the longest.
    Thanks! Also I'm glad to hear the mail is moving a bit faster again.

I did make sure that my room was ventilated and I only had a small amount of bleach sitting out in my paint cup. The fumes weren't too bad. That being said, it may have been a better idea to do them across two sessions instead of all in one go.

16. Likes Haagmm liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is online now going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Majanga, your cards are fascinating. I may have to try that when I get a chance.

18. Thanks majanga thanked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgot to say that my cards have been on their way since I was down in Melbourne at the start of the month. I have only just been able to load them into my Gallery.
    I had originally wanted to try my Ranger 'Lift off' ink - supposedly designed to lift off alcohol ink with a stamp, leaving a negative image behind. The ink on the stamp can then be used to make a new stamping. The negative image didn't work at all and the new stamping only worked for cards 1 and 2.

I then decided to see what happened if I put down a row of Blending solution, dropped in some alcohol ink and blew through a straw. Much happier with these results.

For my Host I have included one of the sheets of Alcohol ink that I was hoping to lift - in real life it has a lot more yellow than the scan shows.

20. Thanks Haagmm thanked this post
    Likes Haagmm, CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnacr View Post
    Forgot to say that my cards have been on their way since I was down in Melbourne at the start of the month. I have only just been able to load them into my Gallery.
    I had originally wanted to try my Ranger 'Lift off' ink - supposedly designed to lift off alcohol ink with a stamp, leaving a negative image behind. The ink on the stamp can then be used to make a new stamping. The negative image didn't work at all and the new stamping only worked for cards 1 and 2.

I then decided to see what happened if I put down a row of Blending solution, dropped in some alcohol ink and blew through a straw. Much happier with these results.

For my Host I have included one of the sheets of Alcohol ink that I was hoping to lift - in real life it has a lot more yellow than the scan shows.
    I love the explanation. I too, have that lift off and have not used it. Loved the second cards experiment even more.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mail Call- I have received cards from donnacr, majanga and nonna!
    Melissa

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok creative friends- it’s time for an honest look at my initial paint pouring experience. This is my 3rd year of hosting this swap and my 3rd year of saying I want to try paint pouring. Well,I finally did it. I bought a set of 32 small bottles of ready to pour paints. As I said in the first post- this is a no judgment swap. Here are my experiments and what I learned.

C1204E85-7AA7-484D-962F-D803DBF54288.jpeg I call this one “unattended kids with ketchup and mustard packets”
    I learned that when the box says ready to pour but it seems too thick, it probably is. Trust your gut.

3561B6D3-086E-419D-87DC-EAF6E4795E95.jpeg I call this one “streaks of dish soap”
    I learned that half paint and half water is too much water and that if the bottle looks pink but says purple, it’s pink. There is no mesmerizing color change like there is with glazing pottery.

I also learned that it’s important to measure and use the proper amount of paint. Overall I had a good time but was not pleased with the result. They’ll make some fine backgrounds. I can’t wait to experiment with more paint pouring!

Also, if anyone wants one please let me know, I’d be happy to toss one into your returns!
    Melissa

24. Likes majanga, jo.on.the.go, TerryHEdwards liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one more set that is in the mail. Are we ok to wait a couple days?
    Melissa

26. Likes majanga liked this post
    jo.on.the.go is online now going, but not until the corona virus is over
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can wait

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I need to apologize. I am struggling with some SAD and stressed of life and have been fairly out of commission. I’m hoping to get these swapped out and in the mail tomorrow.
    Melissa

29. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haagmm - I love the dots/air bubbles on your 'streaks of dish soap' card and your comments make them even more enjoyable.
    Sending you a BIG virtual hug for your SAD and a reminder that you are on the way out of the cold and into Spring - just hang on, it IS coming!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haagmm, as a fellow person who experiences SAD, you have all my empathy. And I, for one, do not mind the delay! Take the time you need.