Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bah Humbug! COIN swap Trash to Treasure Challenge DUE MARCH 2, 2021

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much nanvan. That is a cat at the gate - he's a rubber stamp of a really funky looking cat and I made his whiskers a little too pointy when I cut them out so I think that makes his face look kind of spidery. His neck is also very long. He is a guard cat. ha!

2. Likes nanvan, JavaZarf, CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cat or spider - I love that card!
    There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. Leonard Cohen

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed my coins today.

5. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am feeling somewhat better today, but I always feel better earlier in the day, then about 2-3 pm and on to the rest of the evening I am weak. I did a load of laundry, I want to do some baking. and some cooking, I wanted to make a pot of potato soup.

I have a box a oat flake cereal that I could not get anyone to take, at the food bank. I have in the past had a recipe involving soaking cereal in milk to make bread or muffins. I did some searching in my own private collection. Purged some recipes but did not find my old recipe. Found one good enough on the internet. Now I can find where my daughter put my silicone muffing pan.

So I am just drinking coffee and ate cream of wheat with some my dehydrated apples. Which is the 3rd food thing I would like to accomplish today.

I dont know if I will do any of these things. I might snuggle under a blanket and read a book or go into my craft room and listen to a book on audio.

7. Likes JavaZarf, plumhill2001 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CQ5 - One of my favorite muffin recipes that my mom used to make had cereal soaked in milk in it. I think she used Cracklin Oat Bran.

What audio book are you listening to? My husband and I are listening to an urban fantasy series by Jim Butcher. The main character is Harry Dresden, wizard for hire. It's set in Chicago so it's neat that we've been there a few times and have seen several of the places in the novels.

My craft room has not yet recovered from it's foray into being a guest room over the holidays. I did go into it today and was dismayed at the stuff my youngest left strewn about. He was upgrading from a twin to a full size bed and slept in the guest room for several days after Christmas. Tomorrow it will get cleaned because I need to do some art!!
    Melissa

I have moved! Donít send to the Rutland address.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    CastleQueen - I hope you continue to feel better and better every day. What do you like to read? I don't know if we have the same taste in books but I am a huge reader and have recently read some really good books. Let me know if you need any suggestions. Snuggling under a blanket and reading is always a good thing!

10. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mailed my coins today.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    these will go out when I can get to the mailbox. We had 8 inches of snow last night , so it may be tomorrow.

TC076 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Winter is Coming.jpg Winter is Coming: coin from Christmas card, snowflakes from the junk in the envelope and the envelope itself and text page painted white and punched and stamped and embossed. This one was tough! A cartoon reindeer that refused to say anything but CHRISTMAS!

TC077 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Home.jpgHome: coin from a card, from trash; bird, flower die cuts and the parts of the house added pen and text

TC078 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Globular.jpg Globular: coin from the Christmas card CQ5 sent her note on, from trash, washi tape, bunny image and text, which I painted

TC079 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Friends 4ever.jpg Friends 4Ever: coin from card, trash the 4 and the big e and the paper the ver is, on added rubber stamping and text.
    Must be Gelli 'cause jam don't shake like that!

13. Likes Haagmm, BluSkyHare liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A book and a blanket sound ideal! Pamper yourself! Good thoughts headed your way!

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great coins Betsyg! Especially love the little bird and house coin.

16. Likes Betsyg liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    A quick note in case my internet goes out.

My internet is messed up. SEE this is a QUICK NOTE
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 01-26-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Haagmm View Post
    CQ5 - One of my favorite muffin recipes that my mom used to make had cereal soaked in milk in it. I think she used Cracklin Oat Bran.

What audio book are you listening to? My husband and I are listening to an urban fantasy series by Jim Butcher. The main character is Harry Dresden, wizard for hire. It's set in Chicago so it's neat that we've been there a few times and have seen several of the places in the novels.

My craft room has not yet recovered from it's foray into being a guest room over the holidays. I did go into it today and was dismayed at the stuff my youngest left strewn about. He was upgrading from a twin to a full size bed and slept in the guest room for several days after Christmas. Tomorrow it will get cleaned because I need to do some art!!
    I was listening to This Must Be the Place: A novel
    Author: Maggie O'Farrell. It was a family story, no real mystery and all the characters get a turn to be spotlighted and it was LONG. Two Mp3s long.

TWO Of my kids were really into the BUTCHER books. One my kids, (not one of the 2) moved to Chicago in 2018, I visited in 2019, maybe I would enjoy the books now that. have been there.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by huddlestonmollie View Post
    CastleQueen - I hope you continue to feel better and better every day. What do you like to read? I don't know if we have the same taste in books but I am a huge reader and have recently read some really good books. Let me know if you need any suggestions. Snuggling under a blanket and reading is always a good thing!
    I tend to like cozy mysteries. I also like. good women's fiction. Not into romance, it is too sappy and unrealistic. I also like books about ghosts or characters who can see ghost, but not really into other paranormal stuff. I am on paperbackswap.com. bookmooch.com and goodreads.com. I am AZMOM875 on those sites.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I got mail for this swap. But i am trying to post before i lose connection again.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Betsyg View Post
    these will go out when I can get to the mailbox. We had 8 inches of snow last night , so it may be tomorrow.

TC076 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Winter is Coming.jpg Winter is Coming: coin from Christmas card, snowflakes from the junk in the envelope and the envelope itself and text page painted white and punched and stamped and embossed. This one was tough! A cartoon reindeer that refused to say anything but CHRISTMAS!

TC077 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Home.jpgHome: coin from a card, from trash; bird, flower die cuts and the parts of the house added pen and text

TC078 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Globular.jpg Globular: coin from the Christmas card CQ5 sent her note on, from trash, washi tape, bunny image and text, which I painted

TC079 Bah Humbug Coin Swap Friends 4ever.jpg Friends 4Ever: coin from card, trash the 4 and the big e and the paper the ver is, on added rubber stamping and text.
    QUITE impressive. Since I can remember the note cards sent, it is so awesome to see them being used in the art.

22. Thanks Betsyg thanked this post
    Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made 36 muffins, The first batch used up some leftover chocolate chips. Then I experimented the next day with cranberries in the muffins. All just ok but I do need a better recipe.

I also made the potato soup in the crock pot from a recipe book I just got. It was very good and I ate the last of it yesterday.

I have not got around to dehydrating the apples. My daughter in Tucson did 5 raks when she was here and that makes more than a 1/2 gallon bag of apples. My daughter text me that she has eaten both bags. The one she made and one I have given her. So it would be great to make more. It is a great way to use up the bruised and battered apples that no on wants at the food bank.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have doctors appointments this week. Weekly Labs, today. My blood contents are low. I will probably get a shot today and Thursday to boost them. Tomorrow I get another Cat scan. As I a having a hysterectomy in Feb. Date TBD, based in CT scan Wednesday.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, golly, Heather! You are getting put thru it. Consider yourself hugged!

26. Likes nanvan liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the mail, I got BLUskyHare's, and HuddlestonMollie in the past mail. I havent checked the mail yet todays. It is a little too early in my time zone.
    Last edited by CastleQueen5; 01-27-2021 at 12:07 AM.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heather - thank you for all your newsy comments! Hope you don't lose your Internet connection again...I can't believe how much you get done even while undergoing chemo. You have the perfect excuse just to lay about and read or listen to your books. Hope your CT scan goes well. So sorry to hear you are having surgery in February - sending lots of virtual hugs and healing thoughts your way!!