Word of The Year 2021~Due February 28, 2021

Marie

Marie
Media
Due Date: February 28, 2020
Signup/Withdraw Date: February 18, 2021
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP, embroidery, collage, digital, die cut, etc.

Word of the Year 2021

I love the Word of the Year Swap every year here at AFA, and have already been thinking quite a bit about what my 2021 word will be. Have you?

Here’s how it works:

Instead of complex and specific New Year’s Resolutions, you choose simply a personal 'Word Of The Year' (WOTY). A WOTY is a guide…. something that encompasses what you most want for yourself this year. You can search "personal word of the year" online to find out more. Additionally, here is a link to our GALLERY WALL from the 2020 WOTY!

http://www.atcsforall.com/swap683.php

For this swap I'd like to focus on our personal Words for 2021. Your cards can either depict your own WOTY or words that you feel would be suitable for someone else. Please post pics if you can to inspire us all. We all could use extra good thoughts right now! You are free to show any word, in any medium, but keep in mind that they should be mostly positive. Some examples might be kindness, joy, connect or optimism.... depicted below....and so on.

View attachment 219858View attachment 219857 View attachment 219856 View attachment 219855 (by PaintedChairs, Pancake Machine, Istinkray Ilversay and LazyShadows respectively)

Rules

- All cards should be 2.5” x 3.5” on sturdy card stock or better, with straight edges.
- If you prefer to illustrate without visible text, you may list the word on the back of the ATC.
- All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves for protection.
- No blank backgrounds... please cover the entire card.
- Send only your best work please... we’ll be looking at it all year!
- While an extra card for the host is a cherished treat, it is also completely optional.
- Please include username, real name, and swap name on the back of your cards.
- Keep cards as flat as possible—NO heavy embellishments.

Postage (United States)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps in the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)

Please include a SASE or a large address label and $1 (3 cards) or $2 (6 cards) well concealed. If actual postage is more I will cover the difference.

Other Info

Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your cards. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

When your cards arrive to me I will mark 'received' by your name in the sign up list. I will also notify you in the thread.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists. I will include a link to each players first post to make this quick and easy.

Who would like to choose a WOTY with me?:idea:

1. LuAnnP - link. Arrived*
2. CastleQueen5 - link Arrived
3. Elliejaybird- link Arrived*
4. RaineyDay - link Arrived *
5. CiCiCreates - link Arrived*
6. cat_artist - link withdrawn
7. Locatray - link Arrived *
8. EatSleepWriteABook - link Arrived *
9. BigBangMomma - link Arrived *
10. Ikcimerk- link Arrived
11. Luminous - link Arrived
12. lazyshadows - link Arrived
13. KreationbyKris - link Arrived *
14. SparkleKitty - link. Arrived
15. aginghippychic - link Arrived *
16. Catharinejo - link Arrived
17. leydab- link Arrived *
18. zcatlady - link Arrived *
19. ucallmekat - link Arrived
20. miss - link Arrived *
21. Valentina22 - link Arrived *
22. JillianAngel - link Arrived

Last edited:
I enjoy swaps that challenge me to THINK.
I enjoy swaps that have fun "conversations" leading up to the swap deadline.
I think this swap is going to do both. Please sign me up!

BLOOM is a great word Heather! I hope your hair BLOOMS quickly. My MIL’s came back softer and very pretty, but I don’t remember how long it took. How are you feeling?

Welcome Elliejaybird and RaineyDay! I love words too... they’re fun to play with, yes? Have you two thought about what your words might be?

I’ve never done one of these swaps, but I think this should be the year! Still need to decide on a word, but please sign me up.

BLOOM is a great word Heather! I hope your hair BLOOMS quickly. My MIL’s came back softer and very pretty, but I don’t remember how long it took. How are you feeling?

I DROVE yesterday!!!! I went to the grocery store. I was worn out when done, but I needed the exercise. Overall I am ok, Pains here and there. Teeth, muscles, bones.

Wow Heather! That was brave! Were you exhausted after?

Carol and Ellie, each card may have a different word if you like, just like making more than one resolution. :)
But only ONE featured word per card... which is kind of too bad because Ellie’s two words would go together LOVELY!

I mean, they could still be together on one card... but only one would be accentuated as the WOTY. :)

Ahhh.... I love this swap. :)

You asked if I was exhausted. I have shorts bursts, (not bursts but limited time frames) of energy. I do something and I go back to the couch. I am doing online Zoom strength and balance, and also A gentle Yoga class online, via the cancer community here in AZ.

I am also more weak in the evening.

I havent really been in my craft room in some time.

Thanks for responding Heather. (( hugs)) I’m surely wishing your health will BLOOM rapidly again. Are the kids helping?

I took the 2021 dayspring word of the year test.

I got TRANSFORM. pretty close to BLOOM.

Are my kids helping? Hmmmm... I have 8 kids. 4 live locally. The other 4 are in CA< AUSTRALIA< Chicago, and Tucson. Tucson is about 2 hours south of here. My daughter, Bethany, that lives there comes up for my bad post chemo days and helps. She cooks and cleans and keeps me company.

Of the 4 that live locally. Well not so much. One lives with me, and tonight he cooked dinner. Junior, is 32 and on home Dialysis for stage 4 Kidney disease. He moved in with us OCT 2019. He isnt all that well. He can not wash dishes, He has agreed to put the clean ones away. Too weak to sweep or mop the floor. Bad balance. He does his own laundry and self care. But we just agreed He is too weak to do be doing chores.
He also scrubs his toilet and sink. But the tub is too hard.

So that leaves one homeless son, and two local daughters. They have said they would help but they never do. They come over from time to time, but dont seem to help much. The youngest did some dishes last night when she came to drop off her dog. We have been puppy sitting. Ok so technically the dog lives here and Cearra comes and visits the dog. We predicted that, as we also are the guardians of her cat. We love the puppy so we dont care, we just took bets on when the dog would come to live with us. hahaha we are evil.

Back
Top Bottom