Word of The Year 2021~Due February 28, 2021

Evil pet lovers.... bwah ha ha!!! i Guess if that’s your evil side everything is under control. Post a pic of ‘your’ dog?
How many treatments to go?

I never heard of the day spring word of the year test. Going to go look for it.

Welcome LuAnnP, I’ll add you right now. Is THINK going to be your WOTY?

I read the comments for this swap right before going to bed last night. THINK is NOT going to be my word of the year. I think too much and can't shut off my brain. So many words went through my head last night and none of them were what I wanted.

I need to come up with something today or I won't be able to sleep tonight!?!?!

Maybe RELEASE? (As in "Let it Go". Can you just hear Elsa singing "re-eee-lease, re-eee-lease....")

Release is a great goal! We have a lot to release this year, that’s for sure.

I did the dayspring word of the year questions that Heather mentioned yesterday and my word came out “comfort”. It was unexpected because for some of the questions none of the choices seemed to match my thoughts exactly.... but none-the-less the word felt right.

I’m going with comfort. :)

We are evil family members not pet owners. The evil part was that we took bets on how long before our Cearra's dog came to live with us. The bet was, How long before Cearra and her roommate get in a fight over the dog and it has to come live here. I said NOV 5th, Her brother said Thanksgiving. Well, it wasnt until DEC that the dog had to come stay with us.

Her name is Hazel, she was found in a Wal-mart parking lot with her brother. She is cute, but alas she is a chihuahua, not my favorite breed. They are so yappy.

This is Hazel on my lap, and she is about 3 months. She turns 4 months about DEC 28th

Awwwww.... squee! She looks like she loves you! I don’t know much about chihuahuas... her expression is adorable though, and I love her color!

Hazel is ADORABLE! I hate when people drop dogs or cats at a businesses. It is so mean. We found our dog at Wal~Mart and she was the best dog! Their LOSS!

LuAnn, I had to laugh about your word NOT being "think" due to its causing insomnia. That's my son's complaint regarding his insomnia - "I just can't turn my mind off, it just keeps spinning and spinning!" I do that too, but the biggest cause of my own insomnia is an episode of Restless Leg Syndrome. When that hits, sleep is impossible. I'm still thinking of a word or two for my cards - I might make a list to choose from.

Carol, I’ve done several words before. I did the questions again and got ‘connect’ which I’ve done before. Which goes well with ‘comfort’ because connection is comforting, yes? Every time I get one of those two words.

ah-HA! I tried the Dayspring quiz and got "Connect," which was one of the dozen or so words that went through my mind last night. I LOVE the sample card for "Connect," so I hesitated to use a word already shown. But since I DID think of this as one of my possibilities, and since I DO have some other ideas for the putting that word on a card, and since I DO need to make a choice before I go to bed tonight: CONNECT it is! Thank you to everyone who mentioned the Dayspring quiz. Decision made. I SHALL sleep tonight.

PS to Marie: I assume it's fine if we both do CONNECT... with all the connection losses of 2020, this was one of the words that first popped into my brain.

PS. to CiCiCreates: Oh, I did the restless leg bit for a few years. Not sure why, but I am grateful to no longer be visited by that problem. I hope yours goes away, too. Turning off the brain is sometimes harder!

LuAnnP I’m so glad you’re settled on your word! Of course many people can use the same word, there are some things we all want, yes? I’m staying with ‘comfort’... but from a connection perspective... which will make more sense once I make a card or two. :)

Carol those twitchy legs sound uncomfortable! Is there anything that helps or do you just have to wait it out?

Sometimes stretching helps, and massaging, but I never know, it could last a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden - sweet calm! Then it starts in the other leg! Not always, but sometimes. My particular brand hits just under my kneecap, where your reflex is. Feels exactly like an invisible doctor with an invisible little hammer where they test your reflex and your foot kicks up. It runs in families, like so many things.

Oh that’s such a weird sensation! I didn’t know restless leg ran in families. You’re right.. so many things do...

Merry Christmas Eve artsy friends!! I’m so happy and grateful to have you all in my life and I’m wishing each one of you your best close of year experience. Love and light ya’ll!

Merry Christmas Marie! Thanks for hosting this swap - I'm in. Definitely something to look forward to making, at the end of a tough year.

Welcome cat_artist! I’ll get you on the list right now. What are you thinking your WOTY will be?

Back
Top Bottom