Magick Mermaids, Due March 13, 2021

Welcome JenUrebel.
I signed you up.

Welcome slipperyfox.
I signed you up.

Last edited:
When I was a little girl, I used to always ask my folks to take me out to eat at the El Rancho Motel. I think I had spaghetti or something, but the mermaids were the real draw. I was fascinated by them and wanted to know more about them - how they lived underwater and what they did. I believed. I still believe. Some bar up here decided to bring in some performers and do some underwater stuff, but I don't believe that one lasted. And it certainly wasn't like the El Rancho Motel.

Here's a link to an old advertisement. https://www.flickr.com/photos/79761301@N00/2210838610

There were other favorites I'd go with my dad - Millbrae Pancake House. Once, the Easter Bunny was there and scared the daylights out of me (I still have the picture) and that's where I learned that Rick Nelson had died (front page of the newspaper in the newsstand). They had the best pancakes and boysenberry syrup and the best staff. For frozen strawberry sherbet, we'd go to Shaw's Ice Cream parlor.

Well, I'm headed out to a painting workshop now (well, out via my in home painting studio that is).

By the way, I once drew a hippocampus and didn't realize what it was.

Vicki, I've been sewing since at least that age. I never maid a mermaid tail, but I can image yours and have this vision now of you diving in with it on. So, was it difficult to maneuver when you had it on? I still love to sew and also have a collection of vintage machines and supplies. I also still have, and use, my very first sewing machine that has travelled far and wide with me.

Congratulations on the contest wins!

AWESOME Mermaids received from Donnacr.
These only took about 2 1/2 weeks to reach me -- slightly quicker than usual.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card, and postage.

FABULOUS Merpeople received from JohnK.
Thanks so much for including a hostie card, and the Trivia cards.
I played, and I refuse to tell you how I scored on the Trivia questions..........

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
Your cards have been making good transit time on the last two sets.
I will watch for your cards and let you know when they arrive.

Back
Top Bottom