JANUARY WEIRD HOLIDAYS SWAP: Due February 20, 2021

not to brag or anything but I made these for the art a thon. They got snagged right away (traded), But I thought I would share. I punched WAY TOOO many of these cats from scrap papers while I was watching a movie one night.

1_happy_MEW_year_pink_polka_dot_kitty.jpg

1_happy_MEW_year_glitter_kitty.jpg

Welcome, Ikcimerk! Glad you've joined the weirdness.

Lurkers also welcome.

My cards are done and ready to be mailed. I tried posting a photo but I'm having trouble uploading it. My "weird holidays" are: Science Fiction Day (Jan 2), Popcorn Day (Jan 19, although in my house every day is Popcorn Day), Compliment Day (Jan 24) and Chocolate Cake Day (Jan 27).

Amandawas, tried to PM you with my address, but your storage is full. If you can clear some messages, I'll retry.

View attachment 220534

My cards are done. Can you please PM me your address?

Bobblehead Day
Winnie the Pooh Day
Cheesy Socks Day
Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day

Back in like 3rd or 4th grade my son won an art contest. He drew the cowboy scene from inside the bunk house looking out. I never forgot the praise he got from the judges, about perspective.

So having said all that Marie, you are a true artist. Your perspective on the the SOCKS card, just screams your artfulness. Great use of perspective on the pan handler too. Of course all your cards are great, but it is perspective that adds to each one. Oh and yes, I want one of them.

Image Reducing help???

I have my cards ready!

National Hat Day: January 15 (With two removable nesting hats)

1_sm661.JPG

Winnie the Pooh Day January 18 (Sorry it is so tiny. I just can't get this file to reduce correctly. It's quite cute in person...)

1_sm662.png

Squirrel Appreciation Day January 21

1_sm663.png

Scotch Tape Day January 31

1_sm664.jpeg

P.S. ...
Does anyone have any recommendations for getting those pictures small enough to meet the file limit... consistently?

I usually use the tools on my Mac, but this time they all came out different, even though I followed the same steps for each image. Perhaps I need to invest in a photo imaging program.

I am adding a blog URL. The pictures look SO much better here:

https://pepperwoodatcs.wordpress.com/2021/01/19/january-weird-holidays/

Last edited:
Gah!!! I LOVE your Pooh card!!!

I’ve been emailing them to myself size medium, then opening the email with my phone, saving the reduced image to my iPhone and loading from there. Works for me... but kinda clunky. :-/

Back
Top Bottom