Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good Riddance! Due March 18th

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cards are done! Loading them to the Sample Cards section of the swap description above.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool cards, Marie.
    LOVE the "Duvet".

I received one for Christmas (last year) and it was promoted as "The BEST weighted comforter for BETTER SLEEP"

Mine weighed in at 25 pounds, and did give a better, deeper, sleep, because as your ATC points out, one can't move!

I priced them, and those things are VERY pricy!!!!!

I didn't throw mine out (although I no longer use it) because it makes a fab dog bed.
    Of course, the dog sleeps on top of it, NOT under it!

Did I mention, LOVE your card.

3. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    lurking and looking
    i seem to keep everything
    even refrigerator magnets (i put them in a box and storing in a closet)
    keeping many kitchen items for when my son moves out.
    he hasn't, yet.
    i did get rid of some craft paint, but i bought more.
    i have many containers of future projects for when i retire
    i haven't, yet.

Shirley ~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Vicki Z! Mine wasn’t supposed to be a weighted blanket, it was just that heavy! And when we’d fold it back to the foot of the bed in cooler weather I couldn’t move my feet! We’d kept it because it matched the curtains, but it was soooo uncomfortable! GOOD RIDDANCE I say!

6. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JavaZarf! Enjoy your lurk! I’m thinking of doing another card on coffee mugs. I had one whole kitchen cupboard that was NOTHING but coffee mugs! Four shelves! And we’d got one of those little stands that doubles the space on the bottom one... so really 5 shelves! AND a full shelf in the game room downstairs! That’s 6! And that doesn’t include the ones scattered around the house holding ink pens, plants, etc. oh yes... I could have opened a coffee mug store!

First I cleared the shelf downstairs, which made room for baby books and school years books that had been stored in my closet to move there, which made room for my sweatshirts on that shelf in my closet! Score!

Then I cleared half out of the cupboard in the kitchen which made room for the actual COFFEE to be stored there ( what a concept!) and the teapot, steamer mug and other accessories.

And I still really do have too many coffee mugs.

And I just bought another one. At Starbucks. In London. As my special England trip souvenir.

Aye yi yi! I’ve got it bad!

How to fit that on an ATC?
    Haha!

552950B8-8541-4AA9-B8EF-A98761EE445D.jpg

8. Likes CastleQueen5 liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Great card ideas Kris! I too did a coffee mug purge this year! I canít believe how much difference that one change made in how my kitchen works and feels. Do you feel the same way?
    Yes! We have lived in the same house for about 17 years. I have lots of storage, but it was all full. Once I made room in my cabinets for stuff that I use I really like it. It is so much more functional. I just don't know why I didn't do it sooner.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hear you! You put it away and forget to cull it EVER, right?!?

15 years here.... that gives lots of time for build up.

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was the stuff, I cleaned out of my closet. bags of clothers, purses, shoes, stuff I will never use, but thought i might. . For instance the plastic zippered bag that the yo-yos are in . I saved them. WHY? I thought they might be useful. Often they are not. But I put all the loose fabric yo-yos into the 2 bags and gave them away. Before there were in a big huge plastic tote bag, and would get all over my closet. Plastic tote can be seen in photo, it is now full of other things I cleaned out. I bought the tote bag of yo-yos at a yard sale years ago for $1 with plans to complete a table runner or quilt top. YEP never happened. I gave them to a friend. I wonder how long she will keep them.

12. Likes Marie liked this post
    Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    good job!

it's hard to complete a craft someone else started

unless it is a trash swap

Shirley ~ A View Askew

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good going Heather!!! I agree, she’ll probably keep them a while and move them along too. It’s hard to park with things that would take a LOT of time to recreate, yes? Even if you’d never WANT to recreate them. Did you keep 1 to make a card for this swap? That would be perfect AND you’d at least have gotten some use from them. Or you could draw one... want to join in?

Gallery Count
    Comment Count
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes there are some cute flower ideas to make with the yo-yos. I kept them for notecards or greeting cards or atc cards or to throw away in 3 years who knows.