Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: March 18
Withdraw Date:None, please communicate
Number of Cards: 3/3 or 6/6
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP, collage, stitched, etc

Good Riddance!

Its a NEW year and a NEW start! Out with the old! YeeHa!
:jiggy:

What did you get rid of in the last year or two that was a really good decision? Did you cut off that looooong hair or grow out the shortie style you never liked? Quit trying to make friends with that person that is truly not interested? Admit that those elephant ear jeans will NEVER come back in style? Toss the Tupperware? Make confetti out of that RIDICULOUSLY difficult jigsaw puzzle? Stock little libraries with books you'll never read again? Let the neighbor kids make collages out of half of your old magazines? (You know we can't get rid of them ALL! ;) )

What has been YOUR 'good riddance'? Lets celebrate our success!

Sample Cards:

View attachment 220454 View attachment 220455 View attachment 220456 closed View attachment 220457 open View attachment 220458

*Most* of the usual rules apply:

1. No paper-thin cards, shaped is fine… no chunky elements, and have fun!
2. Please send a SASE or 1 forever stamps/large address label sticker and enclose each card in a protective sleeve. ($1 for international players will be fine. Actual postage will be slightly higher but I will cover the difference.
3. Leave iTrader and rep points as appropriate.
4. Stop in and visit when you can.
5. While an extra card for the host will always be cherished, it is also completely optional.

Who wants to *High 5* with me?

0. Marie - arrived
1. dsign49 - Link withdrawn
2. LuAnnP - link arrived
3. EatSleepWriteABook - link arrived
4. KreationbyKris - link arrived returns received
5. CastleQueen5 - link withdrawn

Last edited:
Welcome Jill! You’re the first player! Guess that makes you #1! I’ll start the list off with your name right now. :)

I cleaned out my closet and got rid of some purses. The purses were not perfect, I would use them and get sick of them due to the flaw. Not enough pockets, too heavy, too deep. too small etc. I saw two of them at GOODwill when I was there Thursday. They sure did OVER PRICE those things.

I also got rid of 10 pair of shoes. I hadnt worn them in a year, I wasnt going to probably.

I hear you Heather. I have some purses I SHOULD get rid of! Not sure what I’ll depict yet, but I DID get rid of a huge bin of Christmas decorations... some unrealistic expectations (can’t be sure they won’t come back though) 2 grocery bags full of books I liked having but never looked at anymore, ie every volume of Post Secrets, Found, sea glass hunting, etc... ) etc. I also got rid of my ‘walking workout’ DVDs because that stuff is all over YouTube anyway. Tomorrow I’m giving the kids next door a bunch of Rescue Hero toys my grands are too old for, and we’re both pretty excited about that. I love getting things out of my storage and into the hands of people that will USE them.

I also got rid of my gray roots... for now. Haha!

I got rid of my hair, but that was something I want back. Hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes.

In Dec I had a low blood count for neutriphils. They gave me a shot in my arm to help. AND I Cleaned out m closest. They said that is not an usual side effect. I took the stuff to good will and gave a few away.

Getting a new hair style can be fun. Loosing all your hair not so much. (( hugs)) Is your scalp super tender?

Cleaning out your closet ... yay!

I am just lurking. I am not sure if I have enough. Hopefully other people will inspire me.

I do have one card that I created for another swap(actually your other swap Marie WOTY 2021) that may fit. How does that work? Can I copy a card I have already created?

Thanks!

Hi Kris!

I actually JUST invited you to this swap from the WOTY thread! That’s so funny! :laugh:
Enjoy your lurk! Probably best not to make an ‘identical’ card for this swap because both cards could accidentally end up going to the same player in the end, (since I’m hosting both swaps) but similar is perfectly fine. :)

PS.... I just got rid of a big stain on the playroom floor! I might do a card on that!

Last edited:
I got rid of a ridiculously ugly picture frame and a LOT of refrigerator magnets today. It felt so good! My kitchen feels more peaceful. :)

I got RID of the carpet in the hallway between my studio and the bathroom. MUCH easier to clean the wood floor than that carpet! How to make this into an interesting card..... well.... I'll be thinking about that.... So please sign me up!

Oh good choice!! I’m about ready to get rid of this playroom carpet. I know there’s just particle board underneath though, so that mean installing flooring as well. Le ugh.... fond memories of linoleum.... Welcome LuAnnP! I’ll add you right away. :)

Ok, sign me up Marie! Here are my ideas:
1. Some version of the purge card for cleaning out my closet.
2. We did some kitchen remodeling so we had to do some clean out there. I have a huge collection of mugs. I only use about 4 so I got rid of alot. So I will do a coffee card.
3. We had plans to do much more remodeling, but with lots of delays and contractors being in our house with no place to go. I said good riddance to subcontractors for 2020. Whenever we have Covid more under control, we might start back up. This will be a house card with some sort of ban on it. I am still working on it.
4. I live in central Texas and have beautiful rosemary that grows in our front yard. But every couple of years we have to prune it (only thing the deer don't eat). We did that this year. So I say good riddance to some of my Rosemary. This will be a card about Rosemary.
Thanks,
Kris

Great card ideas Kris! I too did a coffee mug purge this year! I can’t believe how much difference that one change made in how my kitchen works and feels. Do you feel the same way?

I wish I could be there when you trim your rosemary because I would take the rest home and cook with it… :-) I love the taste of rosemary bread and rosemary potatoes. I met a fellow this year who actually just cooks the straight rosemary in a pan. Said it’s very good that way ... sort of pan fried?. Sounds like you have some cards all lined up in your mind’s eye! I will put you on the list right away. :)

Back
Top Bottom