The Magic School Bus Explores...?Canceled

Halogen

Rookie
Media
Swap Due Date: April 8th
Withdrawal Deadline: None, just let me know.
Number of Players: 12
Number of Cards:
3:3
Media: Open but with handmade elements (see below)

BEEP BEEP SEATBELTS EVERYONE!

SWAP GUIDELINES
  • Make 3 cards based on a Magic School Bus field trip.
  • Cards should feature one or more characters from the 90‘s show/books (The bus counts as a character.)
  • Basing your cards on a real episode is fine, but making up a new field trip is strongly encouraged! Don’t feel limited by the kinds of topics covered in the show. You could explore moral philosophy, weird Oreo flavors, the postal service, naps, e-learning, time travel, penguins, neuroplasticity, memes... whatever you think is fun or interesting.
  • The 3 cards should be different but may be based on the same theme.
  • On the back write your username, real name, signature, and ‘episode title’ (The Magic School Bus Explores ----)
  • Extra host cards are appreciated but never mandatory
  • Please stay away from graphic depictions of violence, nudity, hate speech, or religion. Swear words are allowed but if it bothers you just let me know and you won’t receive any. Other than that, “take changes, make mistakes, get messy!”

MEDIA:
Drawing/painting/printmaking/sewing/mixed media are all accepted, but the main feature should not be someone else’s art. Eg. do not just put a boarder around sticker or cut out an image in ATC size. If you want to go for collage make sure you’re combining images in a way that makes them your own. Digital art and photography are ok in combination with other media but not on their own. If you’re unsure just ask!

MAILING:
  • Send cards in plastic sleeves.
  • I am in Canada so keep in mind mail can take around 3 weeks from some countries.
  • PM for my address when you're ready to send.
  • Canadians: Include an SASE with a permanent domestic stamp.
  • USA: Include a self addressed envelope or mailing label and PayPal $1.30 or include a permanent global USA stamp NOT stuck to the envelope (I can use them for other trades)
  • Other Countries:Include a self addressed envelope or mailing label and PayPal $3.
  • *Don’t let postage issues stop you joining, if the above doesn’t work for you just PM and we’ll figure something out!*

PLAYERS:
1. Halogen (host)
2. Luckycat479
3. Imbrium

Last edited:
Ah! I used to be taunted in school and called Ms. Frizzle because I was academic, admittedly a bit of a teacher favorite, and had frizzy auburn hair. The jokes on those bullies now! I'll join.

Thanks for joining luckycat479! I can't believe anyone would ever think calling someone Ms. Frizzle is an insult, she's the best!

Here's my first card as an idea: The Magic School Bus Explores Colonialism

IMG_20210128_151258-02.jpg

Anyone else have ideas yet?

And another one... magic school bus explores The Goddam Patriarchy.
IMG_20210128_151324-02.jpg

I'm going in a more snarky direction with mine so far but remember if anyone doesn't want to get swear words on their cards just let me know and I'll make sure when I send returns.

Another card made: The Magic School Bus Explores Internet Piracy
IMG_20210215_185741-01.jpg

IMG_20210221_145534-01.jpg

Here's another one I made for a private trade based on this theme. Magic school bus explores the LGBT community.

I can't believe this has not caught on more! Come on fellow ATC Gen Y/Millennials. I know you're on here, too!
I've gone with a COVID card... because why not, a french culture card, and stay-at-home parent card.

Back
Top Bottom