Due Date: April 16, 2021
Signup/Withdraw Date: April 16, 2021
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
I Got Mail, Due April 16, 2021

RETURNS MAILED

Do you still get snail mail?
Due to email, facebook, facetime, twitter, and bluebird, my snail mail has slowed to an absolute crawl (even slower than a slow snail crawl).

I love my mail gal, a chatty blond, who tells me that in todays world the post office is also delivering more mail-order-packages than ever before, and is a daily delight. But, missing my snail mail, and the conversations, many now reduced to a smile and a wave, I watch for the mail -- in a GOOD way, I always politely wait for them to deliver the mail and leave before I attack and empty the mailbox. :twitcy:

This month I am getting delayed Christmas cards friends mailed to me in November. I am getting back (my own) Christmas cards I mailed out early. I got my letter to Santa returned to me as "UNDELIVERABLE". I mean, how many "Santa" at the "North Pole" are there? I got a PRIORITY MAIL/TWO DAY DELIVERY envelope that the sender paid extra for FAST delivery that took over 2 weeks to reach me.

I watch for the UPS van. Amazon tells me their venders are having delivery problems, and I need to be patient, but I have been waiting for a spool of white sewing thread since October 2nd. Did you ever mend a white blouse with black thread, or red and green???? Very Christmas-y, but NOOOOO!!!!

I seem to be getting less junk mail these days. Someone told me some junk mail is not being delivered to help the postal system catch up on priority deliveries. Bummer!!! I miss my junk mail! Some of my best mixed media collage images came from junk mail.

I've also noticed that more postage stamps are being "cancelled" by means of a ball point pen "X" across the stamp. This seems to be replacing cancellation machines in an effort to speed up processing.
On the bright side, an ink "X" on the stamp results in a cleaner stamp, that is more useful for re-purposing on an ATC, than a stamp so hidden by a smeared-ink, printed-cancellation mark, that I rather like this trend.

Are you happy to see your postal delivery person?
Are you excited when you receive mail?
Have you missed the Christmas cards, the birthday cards, the junk mail you used to enjoy looking through? Plus now you have ATC backgrounds, ATC-backing card stock, new images to cut out.....

I do think the USPS is trying to catch up, fix up, and resolve issues and get mail processing speed back to normal.
I think we should celebrate good old fashioned mail, snail mail, postal delivery people, and the mailbox in its many forms.

Each card needs: A mailbox as the focal point.
Have you seen the bears, alligators, manatees, dragons, zombies and all other iconic free standing mail boxes including Darth Vader or icons like Paul Bunyan, holding mailboxes? Try creating a mailbox of your own, or a fantasy mailbox you would like to have.

You can include mail, letters, packages, postal carriers, as well, if you want to.
But you must show some kind of mailbox: a blue curbside mailbox, an over-sized black "farm" mail box, an apartment complex bank of mail boxes, mail boxes from other countries like the round red ones in the U.K., mailboxes "with a real street address" rented at the UPS Store, or Post Office lock mailboxes. You get the idea.

FUN CHALLENGE:
*Try to come up with a mailbox that opens, or is drawn as being open to show mail inside.
*Or, create a "mail"box with something other than "mail" inside -- perhaps a bird, or a bird's nest.
* If you are international, or have traveled internationally, create a British Mailbox, which is typically round and red; or a French Mailbox, which is typically yellow; rather than the square, blue mailboxes in the U.S.

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! Please send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 20 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps/money, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by April 16, 2021. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Please leave iTrader for your host ONLY (me) when you receive your returns and please take the time to leave Reputation/You Rock points for your fellow players from whom you receive cards.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, please PM me for my address when you sign up or when you are ready to mail.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants
I Got Mail, Due April 16, 2021

*1. LuAnnP -- Cards Received 2/23
2. luckycat479 -- Cards Received 4/10
*/. TrinaLD -- WITHDREW
*/. Introverted_Chap -- WITHDREW
*3. SpottedCrow -- Cards Received 2/19
*4. huddlestonmollie -- Cards Received 3/05
*/. Ikcimerk -- NO CARDS, NO COMMUNICATION
*/. AuntieDeb -- WITHDREW
5. fandanie -- Cards Received 4/20
*6; AshlieMae -- Cards Received 3/30
*7. JenUrebel -- Cards Received 2/23
*8. EatSleepWriteABook -- Cards Received 3/16 CANADA
*9. Boots -- Cards Received 2/13
*10. BlancoLobo -- Cards Received 2/26
*11. Karch -- Cards Received 2/26
12. Donnacr -- POSTED 04/01 * AUSTRALIA
*13. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 2/13
*14. dbuffum -- Cards Received 4/13
rn15; leydab -- Cards Received 3/30

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Great theme!
Please sign me up!
(And, fortunately for me, I have had pretty good luck with the mail this year. And Amazon, too. .. except for one little package of brads that was ordered October 17.....)

Welcome LuAnnP.
I signed you up.

Brads?????
That reminds me, I need to order some.
BTW, Amazon is pretty good about giving refunds and/or replacements on late and non delivered orders if you contact them.

Last edited:
Lurkers welcome, SpottedCrow, but you know you want to sign up.

Check your cancelled postage stamps.
There was a Charlie Brown Christmas set about a year or two ago that had some fun mailboxes on the postage stamps.

Last edited:
I'm lurking too, and now in search of that Charlie Brown mailbox stamp I know I have somewhere :)

Sounds like me......
I put stuff I KNOW I want to use in a "safe" place, that always disappears down a black hole.

Lurkers welcome.
Hope you find your stamp.

Welcome Introverted_Chap.

Are you snowed in yet? Wisconsin seems to be getting more snow than I am in Minnesota.
This is a good weekend to hunker down and create some ATCs.
I signed you up.

Last edited:
I stalk my mailman every day. We are on a first name basis. LOL!

I just received a trade that was mailed in December! At least it got here.

So I hit my stash and would like to sign up please.

Did you know (public) mailboxes in the U.K. are round and red?
They are very unlike mailboxes in the U.S., which are blue and boxy.

dithespy (from France) tells me that they have yellow boxes to post letters and various mail boxes to receive them.
She says in the UK, you have a letterbox in the front door. This is a slot in the door.
(I've seen that "slot in the door mailbox" in some of the old TCM detective movies, so I know what she speaks of.....) ;)
She also says some people have mail boxes as well, but that is a bit unusual.

Blue Box -- U.S.
Red Round -- U.K.
Yellow - France

Interesting!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom