Juanita Rojas

Redheads not warheads
Media
Due Date: April 15, 2021
Withdrawal date: Any time, but please notify the host
Number of participants: unlimited
Number of cards: 3 for 3
TEXT AND COLLAGE 2 swap

The first Text and Collage swap I hosted back in the dark ages drew almost 50 participants, and the cards were fabulous! So…..
If you love making ATC collages and putting in some text – a word or two, or found poetry, or an imaginary conversation, or foreign words, or a comment from you, or some song lyrics…….this is the swap for you! Maybe you already have some cards on hand like these. Feel free to use those! Some examples are at the bottom:

SWAP RULES:
*Do your best work, and use at least 3 different collage elements. An element can be: stamping, embossing, fabric, thread, brads, eyelets, clip art, original drawing, piece of a photo, fancy paper or doily – you get the idea! Then add text.
*Card should not be flimsy – use cardstock weight or better as a base. Make sure all elements are secure and not falling off. Falling-apart cards will be returned.
*Put your real name and user name on the back of the cards. Enclose each card in a plastic sleeve.
*PM me if there are themes you prefer or do not want as returns. I will be happy to accommodate you.
*Enclose a large mailing label and the same amount of postage as it took to mail your cards.
*I will pay the postage for the first three international players
*Host cards are not required but I love them!
*I do not swap randomly. I try to give each player cards that are at least equal in effort to the ones they send in. This might be mathematically impossible, but I will try!!

Some examples, made by me:

She Belongs to Me.jpgTake a letter Maria 2.jpg

Who wants to play? I do!
Red means cards received.

1. Juanita Rojas
2. aginghippychic
3. RaineyDay
4. shoreart
5. Elliejaybird
6. Monroy28
7. Catharinejo
8. BluSkyHare
10. Evalila (first international)
11. huddlestonmollie
12. DeborahMosca
13. miss
14. LeonardaDaArtsi
15. Joamosatcharterdotnet
16. Rachml
17. dmkotcher
18. dsign49
19. Reinikka
20. OrigamiGrace
21. Spice&Nice
22. AliasKateLiza
24. NancyL
25. locatray
26. KreationbyKris
27. EatSleepWriteABook (second international)
28. redplantlady (third international)
29. katiea707
30. sarat
31. dbuffum
32. AngelJoy
33. pithier
34. BlancoLobo
35. dithespy
36. Catherinejo
37. Spirit Soul
38. plumhill2001
39. Karch
40. gt0595c
41. AmySi
42. CynthiaSillitoe
43. stephiedee
44. Bramble
45. Art Books Cows
46. JenUrebel
47. nonna
48. nanvan
49. betsyg
50. amyfaerie
51. waffle
53. mrubyjean
54. Arc2dreams

Movie words-Barnabas lo-res.jpg

Last edited:
Hi! So is this a mixed media collage and text swap? You said to include thread, brads, etc. What about paint? Also, your a couple of your beautiful examples look like they are hand-drawn, so I'm a bit confused.
Thanks!

The only hand-drawn one was Carmen, and you're right - not much mixed media there, so I removed her, now we have Johnny Depp. You can use paint of any kind, plus all the other things. Mixed media means just about any and all things! Join us!

Hi! So is this a mixed media collage and text swap? You said to include thread, brads, etc. What about paint? Also, your a couple of your beautiful examples look like they are hand-drawn, so I'm a bit confused.
Thanks!

You're right - Carmen is HD/HP, not much mixed media there, so I replaced her with Johnny Depp! Paint is always one of the media that can be used with all those other things, so MM is MM all the way! Join us!

You're right - Carmen is HD/HP, not much mixed media there, so I replaced her with Johnny Depp! Paint is always one of the media that can be used with all those other things, so MM is MM all the way! Join us!

Thanks for the clarification, Juanita Rojas. I'm in! Mixed media with text is what I do!!

Back
Top Bottom