Waters of March Swap - Open Media - Due April 12th, 2021

ALMOST ready to mail...

I started out thinking that I knew JUST how to approach this challenge. One 5 x 7 piece of Yupo with the images surrounded by water drops. Then I would cut that into four ATCs. But each of these ATCs lacked focus. I almost threw them away, then I decided to see how it would look to join two cards. ( I usually call this kind of card a "mantel card," but since this is a music-themed swap, I am calling these "duets!") I think the joining worked!

1_sm718.JPG

1_sm719.JPG

Last edited:
Hello, friends! Here are my catds for the swap... I had a lot of fun choosing the parts of the song to create! I will try my best to translate them... They are all from the original version of "Águas de Março" (Waters of March) in portuguese.

1_passarinho_na_m_o.png
bird in the hand
1_um_pouco_sozinho.png
a little alone
1_espinho_na_m_o.png
thorn in the hand
1_Corte_no_p_.png
cut on the feet

Last edited:
My cards are ready :) hope you like them.
Top: A fox in the brush; A dew on the Leaf
Bottom: The moon floating free; It's an ant, it's a bee

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_173744.jpg
    IMG_20210226_173744.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
Betsy - would love to have you join!

Interestingly, when I type Waters of March into google, it tells me the song is by Susannah McCorkle. Your results may be different, I'd be curious to hear what you get. Her version is nice, but not my favorite. Actually, yea, it is pretty nice, especially after the break, it really pulls together there. I've not really heard a version I don't like yet.

OK, I’m in. I get Susan McCorkle too. The music is going to playing in my head on a loop until I get this done. Always nice to have a sound track!

Great to have you Betsy! Yes, I've had this song on repeat a lot. I'm not at all familiar with Susan McCorkle, other than how she comes up for this song. Of course, sometimes I'll hear a new song that is really cool, only to see that it has been listened to 80 million people on YouTube, so I may not be the definitive source for music knowledge! :)

Back
Top Bottom