Waters of March Swap - Open Media - Due April 12th, 2021

I’m always behind too. Just discovered the Jerusalema dance challenge. I think my favorite are the nuns.

This version is amazing, PM! I didnt know about this one... Love the jazzy vibes!! Feeling like creating more art about the waters of March. Just as a curiosity... We are a bilingual family. I am brazilian from Rio de Janeiro, my husband and girls are from Trinidad and Tobago, where I have lived for about 10 years. We are now back in Rio and English is the language we speak at home, but Portuguese is everywhere and everybody speaks it here. Waters of March is a chance I have to connect, in music, the languages I love so much... Another song that comes to my mind is Girls of Ipanema (Garotas de Ipanema). This swap is really special to me and I can't thank you guys enough for playing and PM for hosting!

I'm so glad you've enjoyed the swap! I've had a lot of fun hosting this one. I've always been so charmed with the visuals it presents. I was worried that it was going to be too narrow a theme (just one song) but it has had a great turnout.

On a side note, I discovered Mighty Sparrow and Lord Kitchener back in the 90s. I used to tease a Brazilian friend of mine that I've always heard that Trinidad and Tobago have the best Carnival, which she took in good fun, and naturally disagreed with!

The Girls of Ipanema is a great song too, and one can find themselves easily humming it all day.

Back
Top Bottom