Puppy Love ~ due May 6

Just thought I'd show my cute furbabies, Moose the Shitzu and Zoey the Cocker mix.

Ok, wanted to share my 2 rescues with you all as part of this swap. They are the inspiration for me to host this one. :D

I adopted these 2 rescues at the end of last July. I had just lost my two sweethearts back to back over a weekend in May, they left together and were the last of what I would consider a pack of 5 with occasional "guests" that stopped by the house over their time with me (other rescues that needed a temporary home until they could find their forever home). It was really hard to have an empty house without pups. I still miss them terribly. So at the time, I prayed to them that they would find me the right doggie (originally thinking only one) that needed a home so I could welcome a new one.

The answer came quite quickly and when I saw the faces of these two at a rescue shelter in Boca Raton (3 hrs aways from where I live), I reached out to the rescue to ask them to hold them for me. They originally said no. Then I called back (I'm persistent) and asked again. They were not sure and they said that one of the ones that I wanted was already adopted anyway. I started crying, lol. Then they realized that it was a mistake and that they thought I had asked for "Lily" instead of "Lala". When they realized the error, they said absolutely, YES! Little did I know that they were so excited that I had asked for both of these rescues together and especially for these two in particular.

The truth was that these two were rescues from Puerto Rico from a hoarding case and they were in really bad (dangerous) health and psychologically challenged (scared of everything, not socialized, not house trained, etc.). Plus, they had bonded as a pair through the experience. Never did they think someone would want either of these two and especially both of them together. But I felt compelled to have them and work through any challenges with them.

So, now it's been about a half a year later and Doxie (the dacsund) & Lala (the miniature poodle) have recovered their physical health completely. Doxie has made a lot of progress in adjusting and socializing. Lala is still working on her fears (she's scared of different rooms inside the house, the backyard in general, the tv, etc.) but she's overall feeling at home and happy, especially when it's time for a meal or snackies, lol.

Here are the pics of these two cuties, I just love them so much!
Doxie.jpg Lala.jpg

Here are my cards. I had fun with these collaged puppies. They're all from the local paper's animal calendar.

1_IMG_0617.JPG

Back
Top Bottom