Postage stamp ATCs - CELEBRATIONS/EMOTIONS Due: May 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: May 20
postage for non-Australians: April 15
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights I would still suggest you allow at least 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with something showing a CELBRATION or an EMOTION on it

MAILED MAY 24

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
June - Space (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc) July - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) August - heads (stamps that just show a head - even better a head of State eg King/Queen/President, etc) September - Cartoon/Fantasy characters October - Organisations (WHO, UNICEF, Scouts/Guides, etc) November - Children (real, cartoon, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up or you can't get Rep points.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by May 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage.
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to at least $3.40 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6. Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - returned
1. plumhill2001 - returned
2. Betsyg - returned
3. CynthiaSillitoe - returned
4. AngelJoy - received
5. jo.on.the.go - returned
6.CastleQueen5 - returned
7. VickiZ - received
8. Seascape131 - returned
9. Juju - witdrew
10. Cleopatra - returned
11. luckycat479 - returned
12. Reinikka - received
13. mrubyjean - returned
14. fandanie - received

Last edited:
welcome to plumhill2001 and Betsyg. You were both very quick off the mark - glad you are enjoying this series.

Did you notice the few extra topics that I have added? They will be the end of the series then.

welcome CynthiaSillitoe - I love your cards, especially the rooster on red. Is the background on that card dimensional or is it just clever colouring?

I am also on swapbot. The log in over there has a gallery of art connected to Flickr.com. Sometimes I like to click on the links to look at the art. I DID TODAY

I found this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/elves...ed-43282505-1615990438-1-72157718680320713and and Now I want this postage stamp. Isn't that cute?

I found it was from the mythical creatures 2009 UK postage series. There is also a well done unicorn. The rest in the series does not interest me as much.

In my search I also found that AU had something like this series. Different artist. No snail.

These will go into the mail tomorrow. My 10 year old grandson was doing spring break art camp by Zoom from my house last week. One of the projects was crayon resist textures and then watercolors. I was really taken by the easy process so I made backgrounds for all these Love stamps. I needed the inspiration because they just weren't speaking to me. He and I had a lot of fun with art camp. Shout out to the teacher who was teaching 10 year olds with paint and scissors over Zoom!

View attachment 221933View attachment 221932View attachment 221930View attachment 221931

These will go into the mail tomorrow. My 10 year old grandson was doing spring break art camp by Zoom from my house last week. One of the projects was crayon resist textures and then watercolors. I was really taken by the easy process so I made backgrounds for all these Love stamps. I needed the inspiration because they just weren't speaking to me. He and I had a lot of fun with art camp. Shout out to the teacher who was teaching 10 year olds with paint and scissors over Zoom!

View attachment 221933View attachment 221932View attachment 221930View attachment 221931

They turned out great! Number 3 really jumps out at me! Love that!

welcome jo.on.the.go - love your cards

Betsyg - love the backgrounds of your cards and the story behind them

TrinaLD - I hope that you have some stamps and come back to join us

Plumhill2001 - I will tell you when your gorgeous cards arrive

Back
Top Bottom