Found Poetry/Prose Swap - Due June 10th, 2021

Ahhhh..... that’s much more than the pickle. ( acapella flutter device )
I’m glad he’s being good about using it. :) I like his sense of humor!

It’s a rainy day here... perfect time to pull out some pages for a treasure hunt....

Last edited:
Welcome to the swap RaineyDay! I agree with you! I’m so glad you’re joining us. I’ll add your name to the list right now. :)

I agree, KD, about the interesting challenge....and I also really understand what you mean by “a bit odd” - so funny. Is this your first time with found poetry? It is mine, I feel like I’m in the great minority.

Welcome KD! Glad to have you! I know what you mean about the poetry. It’s always surprising what books yield poems as well. I got a whole set once from a financial planning paperback! Go figure, right? I’m off to add you to the list. :)

Of course redplantlady, I’m so pleased to have you! I’ll add your name to the list right away. :)

Cici, I’ve tried it before, and found it so fun, but yeah, the term “poetry” needs to be held lightly.
I think the best comments I’m getting from the fam is “hm, odd” lol. So I’m owning it.

Ripping apart (repurposing)a Romance novel.

Welcome EatSleepWriteABook! So glad you’re playing! I’ll add you to the list right away. :)

I agree about ‘loose’ on poetry. That’s why I added ‘prose’ to the name of the swap. :) I don’t think I’ve ever had a found poem actually rhyme or anything. Just poetically express a thought. :) CiCi, once you’ve tried it out I believe you’ll really enjoy finding poems. Kind of similar to when you started to draw and paint, suddenly you started seeing everything in a whole new ‘if I was going to draw this’ type of way, right? Finding poetry kind of gets to be like that too. :) Unexpected little surprises pop out at you from a cereal box... or a boring book suddenly become fascinating because of linking random words together. It’s like a little treasure hunt.

Last time I did this I used the Trader Joe’s flyer and it was full of fun descriptive language.

Last time I did this I tried a romance novel but couldn't for the life of me find a good poem in it, lol. The Trader Joe's flyer might work better. Glad to get these hints as I struggle to compose something. :) (Still lurking.)

Enjoy your lurking electricdesigner and plumhill! Always great chatting with you!

I picked up one of those goosebumps books that the kids like thinking they would be full of fun words to use but there was no good poem to be found there.

I love them KD! I’m charmed by that little animal and all your colors! I think my fav is the news, with its slightly unnerving verse. “Everything’s fine... probably... “ ... cue theme from every scary movie ever.... my hubby‘s favorite line is “I cannot confirm nor deny that statement“. You made me laugh! Great set!

Welcome BlueSkyHare! It’s great to see you! I’ll add your name to the list right away. :)

Back
Top Bottom