ATC Virtuoso
Media
Theme:
Swap Due Date –June 16, 2021
Signup/withdraw Date: June 10th
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants – Unlimited
Media – Mixed Media Collage

For this swap, you will create surreal scenes using collage/ mixed media technique. You will be blending fantasy and reality through an irrational juxtaposition of collaged images. Keep in mind you are creating scenes, not just a random display of images, and if you include characters, they should be incorporated into a scene as well. Here is a link for inspiration, ...and for those of you who have pinterest: here , but let your imagination run wild!

For those struggling for ideas, you can consider:
sci-fi themes.
distopian/utopian themes
characters manipulating their environment in ways which reality wouldn't allow.
two environments that would never meet coming together. (morphing together, breaking through another etc)
an unlikely item replacing another (like Spottedcrow's fruit slice for a sun.)
a literal take on puns, or idioms (I often utilize "eye in the sky")
something larger than life. (elliejaybird has a dinosaur as big as a house) or smaller than usual
I'll add more as we come up with them and will likely add it into the description.

Some famous surrealist painters that might inspire collage work are Salvador Dali, Max Ernst, Vladimir Kush, and for darker themes Zdzislaw Beksinski.

Card Guidelines:
Each card standard ATC size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches.
Each card must be original and unique.
Any embellishments must be relatively flat and lightweight.
Each card should be on a sturdy background and must be in an individual plastic sleeve
Label each card with at least swap name and your username....real name, location and date are also a good idea to add

Mailing Guidelines:
~Please mail cards in a business sized envelope, spreading the cards over the space of the envelope.
~Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your return cards.
~if you are mailing from the U.S., one Forever stamp should cover the cost of returns.
~If you are mailing internationally, please provide either a U.S. Forever stamp or a well-concealed $1 bill.
I also take Paypal if you'd rather go that route.

*When you are ready to mail your cards, please just private message me for my address. If you have it from an earlier swap, it has not changed.
*iTraders will be given when cards are received by me.
*Please note that cards must be received by the due date. No cards and no communication will result in neutral iTrader. You may withdraw any time before the due date, but to ensure cards received on time Im asking you to sign up by no later than 6/10
*A host card would be greatly appreciated and loved, but is never required.
*Please make sure to leave an iTrader for your host (me) and You Rocks! for the artists that created your return cards when you receive them.

Players:
names turn blue (linked for rep points) once cards are received
Barox818
Elliejaybird
redplantlady
Spottedcrow
pancake machine
joamoscharterdotnet
nanvan
Jenurebel
theweavershand
Betsyg
BlueSkyHare
NancyL
Donnacr
Bijaydi
Helene
wildholly
allegrae

Last edited:
I'm lurking too. Turns out, I like surrealism, now that I've seen enough of it. Thanks for the links. I'm not sure if I have enough stuff in my stash either to make enough cards though.

redplantlady.... you are added. Excited to see what you come up with. There’s so many different directions one could take this.
Hope you can join us Trini and Bekah

I did buy 2 magazines and have collected some images. Now I have to fit them on that tiny ATC.

I recd a rock art kit for my birthday and now decorating rocks.

Back
Top Bottom