Postage stamp ATCs - SPACE~ Due June 20

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due date: June 20
postage for non-Australians: May 16
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! Mail is getting back to closer to normal but, with reduced international flights I would still suggest you allow at least 5 weeks.
cards: 3:3 or 6:6
participants: unlimited
media: any and all but MUST include at least 1 postage stamp with something showing something to do with SPACE on it (astronauts, planets, spaceships - real or fictional eg Star Trek, etc)

MAILED 13 JUNE

I have LOTS of postage stamps and love using them on my cards so I have decided to run a monthly series of swaps using different topics on the stamps.
short of stamps? Just ask - I have lots on most topics and I am very happy to send them to you. If you need some a little quicker just PM AngelJoy - she is in the US and has lots of postage stamps to share as well.

future topics so you can plan ahead:
July - Household items/food (chairs, lamps, coffee pots, clocks, jugs, etc) August - Heads (stamps that just show a head - even better a head of State eg King/Queen/President, etc) September - Cartoon/fantasy characters October - Organisations (WHO, UNICEF, Scouts/Guides, etc) November - Children (real, cartoon, etc)

Please include a background for your stamp(s) - it can be an extension of the stamp design or abstract, or something in between. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.

Post to the thread to sign up or you can't get Rep points.

PM me for my address when you are ready to mail - if you have an address in Robina, I am still there.

Due date:
Cards are to be in my hand by June 20. I will mail your returns as soon as possible but remember, it took up to a month to reach me so your returns may take a month or more to reach you. Please be on time so others don't have to wait.

Postage:
Australian players: please include a stamp equivalent to your postage.
International players: unfortunately Australian international postage has gone up to at least $3.40 so I must ask for a well hidden US$2 or a Global Forever stamp.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label (AT LEAST 2" x2"), I will supply envelopes. Please do NOT send those 3-in-a-row sleeves - they do not fit in my envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.

2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get fun Rep points) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.

3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.

4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.

5. Embellishments are fine. The completed card needs to fit into a standard pocket and the embellishments need to be securely fastened so they don't fall off during shipping. If it is too bulky it is more than likely that the card will not reach me - either because the envelope has been torn and the card lost, or it is too heavy.

6.Have fun!

7. I will give iTrader feedback when I receive your cards and will also update this post showing that your cards have been received. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep points to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards went is half the fun I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - returned
1. VickiZ - returned
2. Betsyg - returned
3. CynthiaSillitoe - returned
4. jo.on.the.go - received
5. plumhill2001 - returned
6. AngelJoy - returned
7. Seascape131 - returned
8. CastleQueen5 - withdrawn
9. Cleopatra - returned
10. mrubyjean - returned
11. Haagmm - returned
12. CraftyRaffe - received
13. Fandanie - received
14. luckycat479 - returned

Last edited:
Cynthia,
Your cards are FAB
LOVE your card with the Hubble Telescope stamp.
Those silver strips are a nice touch

jo.on.the.go
Awesome assortment
LOVE your "Eclipse"
Good use of that "Heat Sensitive" postage stamp

Last edited:
Please sign me up!
Just finished my cards!

View attachment 222269

View attachment 222270

The little pieces of kid art were clipped out of a Highlights for Kids type magazine. :)
Great cards.
Particularly LOVE your second card.

Do you happen to know who the astronaut pictured on the stamp on your second card is?
The stamp says "Apollo" but there were numerous Apollo missions, and lots of astronauts........

Cool ATC!

Last edited:
I did some research, but was not able to find much information.
I hope you can do better. ;)

I ordered one of those big envelopes of stamps a long time ago and got tons of those space stamps. I was thrilled to have an excuse to use them!

Here are some of the other Apollo stamps that came with that set and they're all different guys. I know I've also used some in other swaps. They each have a tiny number in the lower right corner which MAY be the number of the flight, but I didn't think there had been that many different Apollo flights. I'm not a space nerd at all, so I'm at a dead end. The guy in question seems to have a one digit number in the lower right of his picture. I can't read it. I'm sure if we looked up photos of the guys they wouldn't bear much resemblance to the paintings used on the stamp. Anyway, I can't figure out how to figure out who is who. Sorry! :twitcy:

View attachment 222280

Last edited:
There were 13 Apollo missions with 24 astronauts involved - there have been only 12 men to walk on the moon. (just did a little quick research myself ;))
I think that it might show Ed White - the first man to space walk, who was killed as part of the Apollo 1 crew.

Now that I have filled in a wonderful 1/2 hour trying to answer that question I will welcome everyone to our latest part of this series. Congratulations on being first to sign in again VickiZ.

I didn't know that there were so many wonderful SPACE stamps - great cards have been shown already.

Please keep telling me when you like someone's card as I discovered that I really do find it much quicker to swap returns when people give me an idea of what they want. In the ART swap I had very little guidance and took much longer to sort out the returns. :wacko:

Please sign me up!
Just finished my cards!

View attachment 222269

View attachment 222270

The little pieces of kid art were clipped out of a Highlights for Kids type magazine. :)

I was lurking because the theme doesnt inspire me, but your cards sure have. I like the kids are on them. I like the last one the most. I looked at them again to see why, I think it is the purples that coordinate so well on it.

Me! My cards are actually on the way.

Wow these are super too. I like them all, but the use of the black and white eclipse, is just so great with the contrasting red and black.

I was a big fan of the 1st Original Star was from 1977 too. I remember leaving the movie studio and my brothers tell me, "and in the next movie we find out Darth Vader is Lukes Father." I am like NO WAY!!! you are making this up to just ruin things for me. Well now we all know the story line. But back then things were different. No VHS tapes yet.

Your best card, but not my favorite is the Padmé Amidala. I didnt like the movie very much. Gasp! sorry.

Back
Top Bottom