Still dreaming...
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Due June 25, 2021

What is the Pointillism? Inspired Swap

Number of cards: 3 for 3

Number of participants: 25 maximum

Pointillism is a cool technique in which small distinct dots of color are applied in patterns to form an image. It grew out of Impressionism. Georges Seurat and Paul Signac originally developed the technique and were later followed by artists such as: Pissarro and Luce.

Here are some inspired links:

https://www.widewalls.ch/pointillism-dotted-art/

https://mymodernmet.com/pointillism-art-georges-seurat/

Make three different Pointillism inspired cards. The style and medium can be the same for all three or you can mix it up as you choose.

Medium: Hand-drawn or painted, sewing, needlepoint, origami, hand-made stamp, etc. No stickers, digital or photography. Handmade art cards only. Check with me if in doubt about your medium. Make something that would be hard for you to give up.

Use your artistic skills and feel free to use your imagination and unique style. All cards must be original (i.e., no prints or copies).
Most of all---Have fun!!!

Requirements:

*All cards should be standard 3.5” X 2.5” and at least one layer of card stock.
*Cards should be flat enough to fit in plastic sleeves.
*Send cards in plastic sleeves.
*Withdraw early if you can’t do the swap, late cards may be returned if they can’t be swapped out.

Mailing and postage:

*PM me for my address when you are ready to send cards.
* Make sure your user name, location and swap name appear on the back of your ATC’s.
*Include your username on your SASE.

* International participants: I will pay postage for first 10 players. Please include a SASE.

*US participants: Include a stamped self-addressed envelope or stamps

Returns: When you receive your returns, please leave itrader for me and rep points for players.
An extra card for the host is always appreciated but not required.

Anyone want to play?

1. CiciCreates: USA--Received
2. Arc2dreams: USAwithdrew
3. Redplantlady: --UKReceived
4. TrinaLD: USA:Withdrew
5. LuAnnP: USA-Received
6. Blueangel: USA-Received
7. Essy: USA:Received
8. Donnacr: AustraliaReceived
9. rhodora55:USA:Received
10. Gemininorn: Ireland--Received
11. Luckycat479: USA--Received
12. Stonebandit: USA: Received
13. Beaksalot: USA--Recevied
14. Molly: USA
15. Plumhill2001:USA:Received
16. IamWhatonearth: USA-Received
17. Haagmm: USA--Received
18. jo.on.the.go: USA-Received
19. Ouroborous: USA-Received
20. KatieV: USA--Received
21. cmcarli: USA--Received
22. Lorna: USA----Received

Last edited:
That just looks fantastic! Sure hope I can do this theme justice - it is next up for me.

It surprised me how much I’m enjoying this technique! I already have 3 1/2 cards done - it’s really fun depicting the color values and shading.

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I've painted a lot of ATCs in this style. (All quickly traded...) so of COURSE I would love to join. (Off to find the TINY brushes....) BTW: I ordered a whole bunch of "disposable" mascara brushes on Amazon because acrylic paint dries so quickly on a little brush. They've been great!

Yes! Yes! Yes!
I've painted a lot of ATCs in this style. (All quickly traded...) so of COURSE I would love to join. (Off to find the TINY brushes....) BTW: I ordered a whole bunch of "disposable" mascara brushes on Amazon because acrylic paint dries so quickly on a little brush. They've been great!

Sounds like you are ready to go. Thanks for joining in .

Back
Top Bottom