Zentangle 21-01.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Zentangle 21-02.jpg
    Zentangle 21-02.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Zentangle 21-03.jpg
    Zentangle 21-03.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 24
1136337A-A19C-479C-B100-4663F11423B6.jpgD199E3F8-DBFE-47F7-A49F-5E0EF91709F1.jpg16158EEC-B279-40F7-ABF8-760F1D7C1656.jpg

Two are done on watercolour paper that has been washed with watercolour paint. The other one is an ATC card that I have used watercolour pencils on and then ‘painted’ them with water.

These have been quite different for me. I usually start somewhere and cover the space available as the muse takes me. I didn’t want to blot out the watercolour background by doing this, so chose very delicate patterns.

Wow, great work, Ty and Ibus ~ very different effects but both cool.

Ty, I really like your vibrant color and dynamic geometry!
Ibus, lovely soft rhythms, patterns and colors!

Hi! I'd like to join. I typically get my cards done before I sign up, so my cards are below.

1_AD8D3F7C-6A97-4320-8A71-C90C8441242D.jpeg

Thanks!

Jen

I made my first two cards. I went to tanglepatterns.com and found two new designs. The designs were Kaleida and Turkital. I did slight variations on them and put them on watercolor backgrounds.
Love these! ESPECIALLY the yellow&green one!
I'm lurking at the moment, but I'm really thinking I want to do this with swap.

MsRuby- are the watercolor brush pens acceptable to use for this swap?

Love these! ESPECIALLY the yellow&green one!
I'm lurking at the moment, but I'm really thinking I want to do this with swap.

MsRuby- are the watercolor brush pens acceptable to use for this swap?

That is a tricky question, catladybj. Generally I like participants to have a lot of leeway in how they choose to create swap cards. And I am no expert in watercolors. I have watercolor brush pens that I fill with water and then use with watercolor crayons or pencils - that would be absolutely fine for this swap. Then I have Tombow pens which are called watercolor brush pens but often when I use them, I don't think the result looks much like watercolor.
However, I want people to have fun with this swap, not worry about whether they are doing it "right". So, if you tell me you used watercolor, then you used watercolor. Go for it! :cute:

Back
Top Bottom