Media
ATC Swap Due Date: Due July 23, 2021
Signup/Withdraw Date: Due July 23, 2021
Number of ATCs: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Media: Any and all mediums and techniques are welcome
PIRATES, BUCCANEERS, AND BOATS, Due July 23, 2021

RETURNS MAILED

Ahoy, Maties! Are there any other pirate lovers out there?
Travel and treasure, with torso tooled swashbuckling hunks, (and other assorted Bad Boys) sounds like such an amazing adventure!

Those wonderful creatures of history and myth! Girl pirates, woman pirates, pirate wenches, pirate captains, pirate animals. They can be scary, cute, lusty, whimsical, or something else entirely.

Pirate captains, whose toothless grins give evidence of their daily fights.
Tattooed pirates, whose colorful chests and marked arms tell stories of their many adventures.
Pirate Queens, bedecked in stolen jewels and fine clothes.
Young Buccaneers, whose blood runs hot, and they make you feel hot, too.
And boats!! NOT the skimpy sloops, or tiny canoes, but HUGE, tri-masted schooners and massive pirate ships proudly displaying the skull and crossbones.

Feel free to use well-known pirates, like Captain Hook, Jack Sparrow, or Blackbeard; or Grace O'Malley, Anne Bonny, Mary Read; or ‎Zheng Yi Sao, ‎Teuta, Jeanne de Clisson, or Sir Francis Drake (Yes, he was a pirate), or Captain William Kidd (NOT "Billy the Kid" from your childhood Westerns) who was executed in 1701, and his body hung in chains at Execution Dock, London, United Kingdom, (the nearest boat port) as a warning to other pirates. William Kidd was one of the most well-known pirates.

Your card doesn’t have to feature a pirate, but your ATC must remind one of pirates.
Examples: a pirate or pirate mate (man, woman, animal), a map to a treasure, a treasure chest (filled with gold, diamonds, a teddy bear?), a sailing tri-mast, or sunken pirate ship with pirate flag, canon ball with a pirate’s hat and a parrot, etc…

If you wish to make a pirate map, and are having difficulty making the mal SMALL, please note--your maps do NOT have to be ATC sized, but they have to fold down to ATC size. So you might make an ATC-sized treasure map "case" and then fold up your map to that size. As long as your map folds down to ATC size, feel free to take creative liberties.
Here is a cool link to treasure maps:
https://www.google.be/search?q=pirat...q=treasure+map

Embellishments are fine, but if they get heavy or bulky, please include additional postage to mail your cards

* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back.

* ALL mediums and techniques are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards, whatever style you choose. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. Please do not take an image, cut it out, glue it to a card, and call it done. Color the background. Add some texture. Add more than one image. Make the ATC YOUR CREATION! Please send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.

* Please sign up by posting to this thread. I will acknowledge you and add your user name to the participant list below.
* ONLY ATCs allowed. No APCs accepted.
* All cards need to be sent each in their own plastic sleeve.
* All cards need to be standard ATC size: 2.5” x 3.5”
* All cards need to be sturdy enough to earn the name “card” (no floppy or flimsy paper). If it is created on a single sheet of paper, and "flimsy", please back your ATC with something stiffer, or more firm, such as a cereal box.
* Just as important, check for cards that are too thick. Each card must still be capable of fitting into the standard ATC sleeve. If your ATC will not fit into an ATC sleeve, it is too bulky.
* Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
.....We can't give you itrades and/or You Rock! points if we don't know who you are.
* Please confirm there is enough postage on both the envelope you send to me, and the envelope I need to send back to you.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link. http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909

* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, with 55 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards; or one forever and one 20 cent stamp (additional ounce postage) if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy or extra bulky (or 2 forever stamps if that is easier).

* International participants, if you have U.S. funds, or U.S. postage, it is greatly appreciated. However, since many of you do not have access to U.S. stamps/money, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.

* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. If you send me a small envy, the cards get stacked. When I use the 4 inch by 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for basic (minimum) postage.

* Cards are due IN MY HANDS by July 23, 2021. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. Returns will be mailed promptly. Please leave iTrader for your host ONLY (me) when you receive your returns and please take the time to leave Reputation/You Rock points for your fellow players from whom you receive cards.

* A hostie card in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!

* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, please PM me for my address when you sign up or when you are ready to mail.

* Above all ~Have fun!!!

Current Participants:
Pirates, Buccaneers, and Boats
Due July 23,2021

*1. Allegrae -- Cards Received 7/20
2. Halogen -- Cards Received 6/02 * CANADA
*3. Donnacr -- MAILED * AUSTRALIA
*4. mrubyjean -- Cards Received 7/20
*/. Citytail -- WITHDREW
*5. Ancient Planter -- Cards Received 6/30
6. luckycat479 -- Cards Received 7/17
7. TrinaLD -- Cards Received 7/20
*8. plumhill2001 -- Cards Received 7/13
*9. Boots -- Cards Received 6/13
*10. Vicki Z -- Cards Received 6/13

* INTERNATIONAL

Last edited:
Lurking! I love making fold out antqiue maps (and other pirate things), will sign up as soon as I have time to get started!

Lurking! I love making fold out antqiue maps (and other pirate things), will sign up as soon as I have time to get started!

Lurkers welcome.
I hope you quickly find time to get started.
I also LOVE fold out pirate maps and things.

Welcome Halogen.
I just spotted your cards in the Gallery.
GREAT ART.

I signed you up.
Cannot wait to see what you create next.

I've got a nice collection of pirate-themed ATCs and chunky books. I always used to join pirate-themed swaps for International Talk Like A Pirate Day (Sept. 19 for those who don't know), and every year we still fly the Jolly Roger on Sept. 19 and use our best Pirate Talk. Heck, we even have pirate costumes and twice have sailed on pirate ships for a battle between ships (The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftan) on Puget Sound! And until last year, when it was cancelled, we attended the Brookings Harbor Pirate Festival. Our dachshunds have pirate hats, too. I'd say we kind of enjoy being pirates, my first mate and I ;)

All that being said, I haven't joined any swaps, or even done any art, in months. Aarrr! :arghh: tis a sad state of affairs when a wench be landlocked by her muse, swabbin' her poop decks, doncha know. I think it be time to don me corset and take to the seas once again, paint some fair winds an' tell tales of treasure! Make me mark on that there list o' yours, Cap'n Vicki!

Back
Top Bottom